Confirmed with Link: Lightning sign Hugo Alnefelt to 3yr entry contract

Point21

Oct 23, 2018
Im so hyped for this kid to be coming over! he has all the tools to be a starter in the NHL. his athleticism is almost like Vasy's with the amount of ridiculous saves he makes a game. He most likely spends the year in Syracuse next year and then becomes the backup in 2022.

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ
There's no playoffs for Syracuse this season. I'd love for him to start a few games for the Crunch before the season ends

DrMartinVanNostrand

Kramerica Industries
Oct 6, 2017
Tampa, FL
He can barely handle the A.

Yeah. He's about 40 minutes shy of being qualified, but if he were qualified, he'd be in the mid-30s in save percentage across the league. And there's 20 goalies with save percentages of .910 and above so it's not impossible to have a good number in that league. .883 is pretty wretched. And even if the SHL ranks higher (and he was .904-.905 across 40 games there), if part of his troubles can be attributed to homesickness, then I'm not entirely sure sending him back home will help him. I mean, maybe? Puljujärvi came back from Sweden and he's at least a serviceable player now, but if he's going to make it in North America, he's going to have to learn how to handle living in North America. For some people, living on a different continent is too much to handle for them, and frankly that's not something to condemn someone over if that is in any way the case.

Just for the shits and giggles of it all, 20 year old Vasi had a .918 S% across 16 games and put up a very respectable, hard-luck loss in Game 4 the Stanley Cup Final. What a monster.

Reactions: Hoek

Hammerlik

Feb 13, 2022
Maybe Hugo Alnefelt should be loaned out to a higher ranking league, AHL are ranked 8? Better to spend a year or two in KHL/SHL.

I call BS. Czech league is not the 5th best league. More like 10th. Fell like AHL should be ahead of DEL and NLA, too, but I frankly don't know much about those.

I agree though that SHL could do him good.

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
He's still like 20 years old, he'll be fine. North American ice is good for goalies too, no need to send him back over. Next year him and Miftakhov will battle it out for the #1 spot in Syracuse with both getting at least 30 games, their development is on track. Not worried about their save % right now.

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
I dont know, where is the best source for league rankings?
EU and NA hockey are different enough that direct comparisons are sort of difficult. Then a league like the KHL has a wide gap between its best team and its worst.

It's like youth hockey still. It's about program quality, and not so much league quality. There may be a more 'prestigious' league, but you want the right coaching and resources for that player. You can have a bad program in a great league, and it won't matter as much as a great program in a lower league.

The AHL is the direct development league for the NHL, so unless he's needing something TB/SYR/OSB can't provide, that's probably the place for him.

Reactions: Stammertime91

HanTykje

Jan 8, 2022
Norway
www.instagram.com
EU and NA hockey are different enough that direct comparisons are sort of difficult. Then a league like the KHL has a wide gap between its best team and its worst.

It's like youth hockey still. It's about program quality, and not so much league quality. There may be a more 'prestigious' league, but you want the right coaching and resources for that player. You can have a bad program in a great league, and it won't matter as much as a great program in a lower league.

The AHL is the direct development league for the NHL, so unless he's needing something TB/SYR/OSB can't provide, that's probably the place for him.

I think that NHL is more american based of league that build up diffrently that EU's.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad