Confirmed with Link: Lightning sign Gage Goncalves to a 3-year, ELC

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ

“Gage’s development is a feel good story for everybody and it makes us extremely proud in the Silvertips family to see this day become a reality,” said Silvertips general manager Garry Davidson. “From being an undrafted invite to training camp, to making the roster as a listed player, then exploding onto the scene with a 32-goal improvement speaks volumes on his desire and work ethic. He’s stayed positive, even with reaching World Junior tryouts which shows his swift development curve. It’s a motivational tool for him going forward, and this milestone happened to a very fine young man and family.”
“This is such a proud day for our organization, and a great hockey player and even better human being like Gage,” said Silvertips head coach Dennis Williams. “You never question his heart, work ethic, and desire to get better. He’s played such an important role for us and he has the potential to make a great impact in the future with the Lightning organization. It’s a testimony to Gage’s resiliency, dedication, and a well-deserved accomplishment for him and his family.”
“It’s just an unbelievable feeling to see this day happen,” said Goncalves. “For Garry taking a chance on me as an undrafted invite to camp, to my coaches for how they invested their time, and my teammates who made me a better player, I’m can’t thank them enough. I’m grateful for Tampa Bay to take a chance on me and have faith in my growth, for family and all the sacrifices they’ve made, and for a chance to remember my grandpa who passed away just a couple days ago. Hopefully I can buy him a beverage when we get to heaven someday. It’s motivation for this next season in Everett and to prepare for the road ahead with the Lightning organization.”

Reactions: Peacefool

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad