Confirmed with Link: Lightning sign Gabriel Szturc to 3 year ELC

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
As far as Polish names go, this is probably one of the easiest you'll ever come across. If this causes you trouble you're lucky the Poles have never really gotten into the NHL.
Hahahaha. You aren't kidding. Polish as a language looks like someone smashed their head into a keyboard and decided "those are words." The names are no exception. "Lady Sunny" (as I often called her) is from a little town on Long Island that might as well be Warsaw. She told me she was Polish on her dad's side and I'm like *gulp*

Thank God it is a derivative of Zaniewski, a name that's not so uncommon but easy as well.

• Haha
Reactions: Meuracas and JoVel

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ
Lol here's hoping he's improved since that last training camp
They probably wouldn't have pulled the trigger if he didn't. I would imagine there was a conversation before he went back to Kelowna on things we wanted to see over the course of the season, and I would assume they now feel good about what they've seen to give him a contract offer.

Obviously this was someone they were interested in back in the fall. Undrafted free agent prospect camp invites don't usually find their way into not just 1, but 2 nhl preseason games.

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
What the heck kind of cryptid creature is that Rockets logo supposed to be? And why is it the logo of a team called Rockets?

Last edited:

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ
Ha. Does it upset the locals or something? That has got to be the goofiest dragon I've ever seen.
from wikipedia:

Established in 1991, the team began as the Tacoma Rockets, previously playing in Tacoma, Washington, and playing their home games at the Tacoma Dome. Prior to the 1995–96 season, the team relocated to Kelowna, playing their home games at the city's Memorial Arena. Following the 1998–99 season, they moved into their then-new home arena, Prospera Place. The team's logo pays tribute to the famed Ogopogo monster, of the Okanagan Lake.
In Canadian folklore, the Ogopogo is a lake monster said to inhabit Okanagan Lake in British Columbia, Canada. Some scholars have charted the entity's development from First Nations folklore and widespread water monster folklore motifs. The Ogopogo now plays a role in the commercial symbolism and media representation of the region.

DistantThunderRep

Mar 8, 2018
You sons of bitches put respeck on Ogopogo's name, god damn it.

Also the Okanagan is beautiful. If any of you travel up this way, f*** off from Vancouver. It sucks, but go up to Wine Country and relax.

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
So fun fact, Lady Sunny is a connoisseur of all things cryptid and I'm glad I was able to get it right that it was based on a local legend like a Loch Ness monster. Respeck on Ogopogo

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad