Confirmed with Link: Lightning sign Brayden Point to a contract extension | 8 years, $9.5M AAV

YayHockeysBack

Jan 12, 2019
Pointer is nails.

Prayers for Sonya.

She's been moved to the ICU.
So, so sorry about Sonya. A mixture of deep sadness and fury that she got this from an unvaccinated person. Hope she pulls through, and we get to hear her sing the national anthem for opening night.

And so elated Point will be in the lineup, and will be for the next 8 years!

UseYourHedman

Hold my beer for a sec
Mar 17, 2018
PNW
Great signing! The lightning are such a well run organization. They treat their players well and their players stay loyal. I think I see a Point sweater in my future!

Peacefool

Nov 15, 2019
Very good news,glad we will have him for so long and his extension wasnt any drammatic like with Landeskog ,or some others who wsnted more money or something like this and didnt give a sh%@%t about team!!

Peacefool

Nov 15, 2019
And AGAIN we are able to pay our superstar less than 10M dollars.
Super deal.
Exactly thats why I dont understand,ok Landeskog signed for 7ish mil,but Ziba ,Eichel,Tavares,and other guys who arent better players than Point demands and GETS so ridiculously much money and GMs who GIVES such a money to them.
Or maybe Im spoiled and tax thing is a real thing?

Point21

Oct 23, 2018
His QO next season would have been 9m. so i really didnt see him getting any less than that.

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
His QO next season would have been 9m. so i really didnt see him getting any less than that.
QOs are completely irrelevant in contract negotiations unless you're only going to sign them for one year. Laine is the only player of note that I can think signed their QO in the past like... ever. And he did that because his value has tanked over the past ~3 years.

DaBolts

Stanley Cup Boat Parades ROCK
Feb 3, 2015
Gonna be hard for sign Sergachev, cirell and Cernak after there bridge deals are over

Nah. AAV is the 'media' invention. Accelerated salary with low the first 2 years then acceleration. JFBB has this DOWNTOWN now.

Reactions: Todd1a

CupsOverCash

Jun 16, 2009
Definitely the biggest news for this team. Hes been so clutch and we got him for the next 9 years barring injury. Hope for a long healthy career for point and he will have some great numbers at the end of it with his skill and work ethic. We are lucky to have him!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad