Confirmed with Link: Lightning sign Bennett MacArthur to 3 yr. ELC

Hoek

Legendary Poster A
May 12, 2003
Tampa, FL
He has some big numbers in the Q, but he's also bigger than the other UFAs we've signed out of there to great acclaim. Is it just a man against boys thing?

Point21

Oct 23, 2018
he did win Most Improved Player last year. probably gonna bounce around between Orlando and Syracuse next year

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ

One of the free agents I often talked about in my columns at @hockey360 Bennett MacArthur from @ABTitan just signed an #NHL contract with who? but yes the @TBLightning 25 goals in 26 games this season - again there's Michel Boucher on top #LHJMQ

Reactions: 2020 Cup Champions

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ
MacArthur was a development camp, rookie tournament, and training camp invite for Arizona

It looks like Montreal wanted him to come to their camp as well

GoBoltz56

Brisebois 1st Rounder
Jul 31, 2004
Tampa and Michigan
Seems to be a late bloomer. He was playing his draft year in an obscure Junior A league and seems to have been signed mid season by his QMJHL team. He has been scoring around a goal-per-game pace since last year which is impressive, though I guess it can be taken with a slight grain of salt since he's 21. A quick look at youtube shows him to be a good skater, good hands and a great shot. Has a stocky pro-style build but I don't know anything about the maturity of his game or 2 way ability.

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
He played in the NBPEIMU18HL (New Brunswick Prince Edward Island Major U18 Hockey League)

MJAHL isn't really obscure, IMO. It's the only Jr. A league for Nova Scotia, PEI, and New Brunswick. Drake Batherson played 30+ games in it.

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
I mean - we have barely any prospects so we're going to have to fill out rosters with FAs with how we ship out draft picks.

Seems like a good roll of the dice.

We could be signing Dureau, Guttman, Walker, Perbix and McDonnell all for next season as well. Think Perbix gets signed for this year and then we would need to clear a contract to sign 1 of Guttman or Walker for this season and the other take a ATO with Syracuse. But Syracuse could be adding those 5 guys along with Thompson and Finley next season. You usually don't want to be adding 8 rookies into your AHL team and expect to be competing. Yes half those players are coming from the NCAA so not your typical rookies so should be more ready to step up right away but it's still gonna take some adjustment.

I don't know much about this kid, his numbers are ok. Nothing jumps out at me like he could become more than a depth player but you never know. We haven't been doing that well with the kids coming out of the Q lately. Joseph was the last hit from there and he's more a depth piece than an impact one. I guess when you hit on Palat and Kucherov from there you become spoiled.

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
We always go for Q late bloomers. Let's hope for another Gourde

Gourde was 2 years removed from the Q when we signed him. He was in his 2nd professional season playing in both the AHL and ECHL in that time. He was just under a ppg in the AHL when we signed him to an ELC. This is more like a Danick Gauthier signing, Barre-Boulet at best. Maybe I'm wrong and be is a Gourde but the numbers aren't remotely similar.

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
We could be signing Dureau, Guttman, Walker, Perbix and McDonnell all for next season as well. Think Perbix gets signed for this year and then we would need to clear a contract to sign 1 of Guttman or Walker for this season and the other take a ATO with Syracuse. But Syracuse could be adding those 5 guys along with Thompson and Finley next season. You usually don't want to be adding 8 rookies into your AHL team and expect to be competing. Yes half those players are coming from the NCAA so not your typical rookies so should be more ready to step up right away but it's still gonna take some adjustment.

I don't know much about this kid, his numbers are ok. Nothing jumps out at me like he could become more than a depth player but you never know. We haven't been doing that well with the kids coming out of the Q lately. Joseph was the last hit from there and he's more a depth piece than an impact one. I guess when you hit on Palat and Kucherov from there you become spoiled.
I'd figure that everyone would be on ATOs, with contracts starting next season.

Palat and Kuch were import players to the Q, which is notable.

When I was reading about the CHL import draft yesterday, one of the articles said that the import draft is especially important for the QMJHL, as there's a smaller player pool they draw from. Maybe that's what should be getting special focus?

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad