Confirmed with Link: Lightning sign Anton Stralman (5 years, $4.5 million AAV, NTC)

Coopers Gum

Extend Andrej Sustr
Mar 6, 2012
water spicket
From the main boards thread:

To TBL fans:

You got a very solid top 4 pairing guy. For all the naysayers saying he's soft...he's not. He was our best open ice hitter on our blue line last year, which is not an exaggeration by any means. Logs minutes in a very defensive manner, lost much of his early career offense in lieu of his new defensive demeanor. Still has a decent shot from the point.

All I can say is VERY solid, good skater, good defensive player, can hit, meh on offense, works hard. You got a good one and a very underrated one at that.

To the NYR:

Boyle for the same price? :shakehead

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Is it just me or is NY significantly weaker next year?

If Lundqvist has anything close to an off year, is it unreasonable to think we have an outside chance at a lottery pick?

LightningStrikes

Champa Bay Lightning
Nov 24, 2009
Bre4bFaIUAEJDkb.jpg

Made Dan

Jul 15, 2007
The Bronx, NY
A good signing and a fair contract. When you see him more you'll wonder why he doesn't put up better numbers, and you won't want him on your PP, but he really is an excellent defender. Enjoy his sporadic, crushing hip-checks.

MattM92

Dec 8, 2010
FL
Very happy this was our guy. Knew Niskanen was gonna want too much and we got Anton for cheaper than inferior defenders.

Hedman-Stralman should be a good pairing. Hedman will have a little more room to skate and attack with Stralman handling the defensive duties.

Werewolf

Oct 29, 2013
Tampa
I'm also hoping that Gudas learns from Stralman on how to be positionally sound and still be a great open ice hitter. Gudas certainly has the willingness to do it and learning from Stralman who is an excellent and positionally sound defenseman should prove great for his development. As well as more sheltered minutes on third line is gonna be excellent for him - we saw what it did for Brewer.

JedYzerman

Jan 8, 2011
Cocoa Beach, FL
This thread inspired me to change my username.. :) Good Deal!!! SFY!! Everybody. So freaking happy right now. I was worried we were going to give Niskanen 7M per year for 12 years or something.

Now all I need is a new avatar!

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
This thread inspired me to change my username.. :) Good Deal!!! SFY!! Everybody. So freaking happy right now. I was worried we were going to give Niskanen 7M per year for 12 years or something.

Now all I need is a new avatar!

LOL, I like it! :handclap:

2020 Cup Champions

Formerly Sila v Kucherove
Nov 26, 2013
Is it just me or is NY significantly weaker next year?

If Lundqvist has anything close to an off year, is it unreasonable to think we have an outside chance at a lottery pick?

It's all I think about sometimes.

LightningStrikes

Champa Bay Lightning
Nov 24, 2009
Joe Smith ‏@TBTimes_JSmith
Stralman said there were a few teams in the mix, but liked strides #TBLightning has made. "They've got something really good going"

ReolverHF

May 22, 2014
Ranger fan here. You guys are getting a SOLID, reliable, shut-down defenseman who throws hip checks. Definitely bummed Rangers didn't get him signed, but that's our dumbass GM. He is a great deal at $4.5 mill/5 years. To think the devils gave up on this guy a few years ago.

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
We're loading for something big folks. How big is up to us. Great job to get Stralman.

I don't know if we have the horses to keep up with the West, but we certainly have a great shot at winning the division now.

Well done SFY. I'm still upset over losing Thompson but I will get over it. At long last I can go into a season and say, "They're going to be good this year." I just pray to God Filpppula, Johnson and Palat don't regress.

CupsOverCash

Jun 16, 2009
Loved the deals today. Definitely a better team than the one that left the ice vs Montreal. If you want to read some good stuff check out the Rangers FA thread. Good stuff.

Cigar City

Apr 21, 2012
Tampa
Joe Smith ‏@TBTimes_JSmith
Stralman said there were a few teams in the mix, but liked strides #TBLightning has made. "They've got something really good going"

How do you think it makes Midgy feel that three of his former Ranger teammates essentially took less and/or chose to play for us because we "have something really good going."

I would feel like an idiot.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad