Recalled/Assigned: Lightning recall Taylor Raddysh & Spencer Martin | Assign Chris Gibson & Gemel Smith to Syracuse

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
Why are we recalling wingers with the logjam, Smith has been excellent as a 4C. If ABB isn't getting games in then let him play in Syracuse.

Reactions: DistantThunderRep

Five Alarm Fire

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 17, 2009
Why are we recalling wingers with the logjam, Smith has been excellent as a 4C. If ABB isn't getting games in then let him play in Syracuse.

I suspect Cooper is giving opportunities to other guys in the system while we play weak opponents over the next 4 games. But I agree, I don't like ABB and Smith just sitting on the taxi squad.

Reactions: NatoGhost

Hoek

Legendary Poster A
May 12, 2003
Tampa, FL
Yeah I think we're just handing out cups of coffee to guys at this point. Why not with this schedule and where we are in the standings?

Reactions: NatoGhost

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
Yeah I think we're just handing out cups of coffee to guys at this point. Why not with this schedule and where we are in the standings?
It would be one thing if we were scratching some regulars here and there. Then you could say we're saving legs and yadda yadda yada.

But Maroon - prime candidate to put on half duty - is playing every game. Even occassionally scratching a top six player and putting ABB in is something that would make sense. We're going to cruise to the playoffs - we don't need to set records on the way so go ahead and give Stamkos a breather and let's see how ABB looks in a top 6 role.

BoltzManConstant

Mar 8, 2017
Upper West Side
It would be one thing if we were scratching some regulars here and there. Then you could say we're saving legs and yadda yadda yada.

But Maroon - prime candidate to put on half duty - is playing every game. Even occassionally scratching a top six player and putting ABB in is something that would make sense. We're going to cruise to the playoffs - we don't need to set records on the way so go ahead and give Stamkos a breather and let's see how ABB looks in a top 6 role.

Agree. Crossing my fingers we'll see some of that in this upcoming week of weaklings.

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
Raddysh is our only natural RW in the system who's close to ready. We have been playing a lot of guys on their off wing in the bottom 6. With Coleman playing just average and being a free agent next season there's 2 bottom 6 RW spots available. Need to see what Raddysh has to see if he can take a spot. Volkov hasn't shown enough and might not be back, Barre-Boulet is a LW, Colton a C so Raddysh should have an inside track for a spot if we want a right hand shot in the bottom 6. The issue is Raddysh hasn't really taken a step in Syracuse, feel like he's stagnated there like Volkov did and we won't be getting much. I still like his potential especially offensively but his defensive side isn't polished and I fear Cooper won't give him any looks with skilled players.

CupsOverCash

Jun 16, 2009

Agree the set up this year should afford the team the ability to see what they have in some of these kids. A lot of guys on our roster with nothing to prove that are playing when it might be smarter to let one of the kids play and then get some rest. Especially with the amount of games played in short time.

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ
Coop from after practice today:
Do you envision (Raddysh) getting in a game at some point or is it more so get the guys playing time in Syracuse?

"I would say it's a little of both. When you bring guys up here, our goal is to get guys in. We're just at times kind of handcuffed a bit about what we can do depending on injuries. So it would be ideal if we could get him in and yes on the other side of it, we're trying to get the other guys some games as well."

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad