Recalled/Assigned: Lightning recall Jack Thompson and Emil Lilleberg | Re-assign Sean Day and Declan Carlile

Stammertime91

TBL: TEAM OF THE CENTURY
Dec 13, 2011
Tampa: NHL's Newest Dynasty
Are we entering “Let’s see what we got” mode?
Precisely. I imagine either showcasing or auditioning guys that are ready. Obviously injuries have made this situation what it is, but thats where we are at.

Have to imagine Perbix is probably going to be dealt if the team is on the outside at the deadline. He's got the most value and is a redundant, ineffective piece for the cap hit he will demand after the end of next season. He's played like a #6 for the most part and while he's young and can only improve, that's exactly why he's the most valuable.

With that said, we need a top 4 RD and it's not Raddysh. He's a good #6, but I don't believe top 4. Perbix has had a sophomore slump that you can either stick out if you feel he's going to rebound, or you sell while he has value and see what else you have in the system. Now is a perfect time to do that. We need a defensive LD and someone competent to log top 4 RD minutes. CDH, Perbix, and Fleury are not those guys. Not this season if we want to make a run.

I'd prefer a trade on the backend earlier than later so there's a little more familiarity. What's there right now is killing us.

Rschmitz

Finding new ways to cheat
Feb 27, 2002
Tampa Bay
Precisely. I imagine either showcasing or auditioning guys that are ready. Obviously injuries have made this situation what it is, but thats where we are at.

Have to imagine Perbix is probably going to be dealt if the team is on the outside at the deadline. He's got the most value and is a redundant, ineffective piece for the cap hit he will demand after the end of next season. He's played like a #6 for the most part and while he's young and can only improve, that's exactly why he's the most valuable.

With that said, we need a top 4 RD and it's not Raddysh. He's a good #6, but I don't believe top 4. Perbix has had a sophomore slump that you can either stick out if you feel he's going to rebound, or you sell while he has value and see what else you have in the system. Now is a perfect time to do that. We need a defensive LD and someone competent to log top 4 RD minutes. CDH, Perbix, and Fleury are not those guys. Not this season if we want to make a run.

I'd prefer a trade on the backend earlier than later so there's a little more familiarity. What's there right now is killing us.

I think what has happened is that just when Perbix and Raddysh were finally starting to keep their heads above water, now they are taking on harder matchups and more responsibilities due to injuries. The guy I'd jettison for sure thouch is CDH.

Replace Myers, Carlisle, and CDH with Cernak, Sergachev, and Fleury, and I think we'll be ok. Ideally we could acquire some sure talent but I don't see the pathway to making that happen.

Thompson has me excited to possibly change this though.

Reactions: Stammertime91

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad