Recalled/Assigned: Lightning recall Gage Goncalves

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ
Coop this morning:

"When we have room to call guys up, it's because other guys are injured. We can't over look that. We need to have those guys back, but this now gives us an opportunity to look at some players we otherwise wouldn't have been able to. There's a lot of good stuff happening with the players in Syracuse. The coaches have done a great job with them. Gage is a perfect example, a kid that's been drafted by us, been in the minors, and now is getting his chance. He's proven himself down there just as Lilleberg has, and Thompson has, and Carlile has. So, it's good for a us to get a look at these guys."
"It's not hearing (about him from other people). I've watched him play for three years. He's got really good hockey sense. He sees the game. He's always had at times a bit of risk in his game, and I know he's done a ton to curtail that. He can drive lines. Like I said, he knows the game, and he's got super stick skills. So, we'll see what happens just like I said with all the other guys. Everybody's got some attributes and at some point you have to see if it translates to the nhl level. Nothing gets judged in your first game, but you can see if there's some potential there, and I'm sure there is. He's done a great job in the minors."

Ducati Boy

HF Original
Feb 7, 2018
He’s earned it. Hope he makes an impact even though he’ll have to carry Sheary.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad