Recalled/Assigned: Lightning recall Cole Koepke

Byrddog

Lifer
Nov 23, 2007
Nothing against the guy but hopefully it is just an evaluation period for next year. I don’t want to write this year off but this roster needs more help than rookies.

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
Nothing against the guy but hopefully it is just an evaluation period for next year. I don’t want to write this year off but this roster needs more help than rookies.

To me it says they want to see if he can do anything at the NHL level. He'll be 26 before the season ends and while he is still an RFA may not be resigned if they don't think he can play at this level. Fortier should be in the same boat but he's 2 years younger so they may give him another year, he also stinks in Syracuse so not worth the callup right now.

Byrddog

Lifer
Nov 23, 2007
To me it says they want to see if he can do anything at the NHL level. He'll be 26 before the season ends and while he is still an RFA may not be resigned if they don't think he can play at this level. Fortier should be in the same boat but he's 2 years younger so they may give him another year, he also stinks in Syracuse so not worth the callup right now.
Fully understand but he is not upper end talent , the roster is full of bottom 6 guys. So if it is to make a decision to resign or not that’s fine. And likely that is all it is. But the IR cap is there to bring in help now but to what end. Maybe it is a move to showcase him before the trade deadline. What JBB can do is limited. Have to feel he tried to move ABB even for a late round pick and could not get any bites. Could that be why this guy is called up ????? Not sure but again I’m not very confident in anything JBB is doing right now he needs to make some smart moves to regain trust. What he has done over the last three years has only weakened the team. Just seems like he had no long range plans to soften the landing from the cup run highs.

b0lthed

Mar 7, 2023
I keep waiting for one of these callups to get in the lineup and breathe fire, hit everything that moves, get into a fight, camp out in the blue ice and generally be a menace … yknow, show how much he wants to be in the MFNHL

NorraSverigeHockey

Jan 16, 2024
I keep waiting for one of these callups to get in the lineup and breathe fire, hit everything that moves, get into a fight, camp out in the blue ice and generally be a menace … yknow, show how much he wants to be in the MFNHL
I would rather see them playing smart hockey for the team. Acting like a escaped monkey on the ice does not really show any talent of an NHL player :)

b0lthed

Mar 7, 2023
Love that image! How about something in the middle? How about anyone getting into the lineup just makes a difference and demands more shifts?

LTIR Trickery

Plz stop pucks
Jun 27, 2007
Scrip Club
Basically yeah, last chance U for him to try to be a cheap bottom six option for us. I thought he might translate a little better from NCAA.

Hockeyville USA

Dec 30, 2023
Central Ohio
Basically yeah, last chance U for him to try to be a cheap bottom six option for us. I thought he might translate a little better from NCAA.
He wasn't going to translate much of his offense in the NCAA because he didn't enter the NCAA until his 20 year old season and didn't start producing at a quality level until his 21 year old season. His USHL production in his 18 and 19 year old seasons wasn't great, the Lightning drafted him because he provided energy and bite in his game. Koepke isn't a Duke like player where he was producing well in a quality league in his 1st year draft eligible, he was purely energy depth from the start and it's nice he's been able to play NHL games.

ccman68

Dec 9, 2017
every player we call up gets thrown on a line with either glendening or sheary so they never do anything. now it's very possible these guys all suck but it's impossible to tell when they just don't get to play with anyone decent.

even if they get promoted like chaffee now he is stuck with even strength stamkos and that's just not gonna work either. basically unless we call up the next kucherov they're just not gonna have any impact

Hockeyville USA

Dec 30, 2023
Central Ohio
every player we call up gets thrown on a line with either glendening or sheary so they never do anything. now it's very possible these guys all suck but it's impossible to tell when they just don't get to play with anyone decent.

even if they get promoted like chaffee now he is stuck with even strength stamkos and that's just not gonna work either. basically unless we call up the next kucherov they're just not gonna have any impact
When Howard gets here, I think he'll be put in the top 6 with some combination of Point and/or Kucherov on his line. So hopefully he'll show impact. Guys like Duke can play up and down the lineup so I don't worry about him.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $246.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $8,351.00