Confirmed with Link: Lightning re-sign Ross Colton | 2 years, $1.125M AAV

bov

Nov 13, 2010
Will there be a taxi squad next season?

I ask because only 2 of ABB, Katchouk, Raddysh and Smith can make the team to be cap compliant. I could see Smith clearing waivers, but not the other 3 based on their contracts.

Edit- I guess you'd still have to clear waivers anyway to be assigned to the squad?

BoltzManConstant

Mar 8, 2017
Upper West Side
Will there be a taxi squad next season?

I ask because only 2 of ABB, Katchouk, Raddysh and Smith can make the team to be cap compliant. I could see Smith clearing waivers, but not the other 3 based on their contracts.

Edit- I guess you'd still have to clear waivers anyway to be assigned to the squad?

Yeah, your edit is right -- taxi squad doesn't help with the waivers issue.

Will be interesting to see what JBB does. My wild-ass guess of the likelihood of the various possibilities, from most to least likely:
1. Start the season with someone core (Heddy?) on LTIR, defer this waiver issue until that guy gets healthy
2. Trade Katchouk or Raddysh
3. Send Perry or Edouard down, possibly losing them to waiver claim
4. Send Raddysh or Katchouk down, possibly losing them to waiver claim

Things get even more complicated if one of the other kids forces his way onto the roster with a killer camp/pre-season. I really doubt that will happen, unless we put someone on LTIR.

DaBolts

Stanley Cup Boat Parades ROCK
Feb 3, 2015
Good stuff. Going to be a boring next two months

After years of infighting here on this board, wanting Coop's head, and almost winning it all, the peace and quiet will be sort of nice. All the pressure is now on Tom Brady.

Reactions: Hint1k

DaBolts

Stanley Cup Boat Parades ROCK
Feb 3, 2015
Wonder why the lightning haven’t announced it yet ?

They have to wait until the league clears the contract to announce it. Thankfully, it's over. We can all chill out until the season starts now.

Hoek

Legendary Poster A
May 12, 2003
Tampa, FL
After years of infighting here on this board, wanting Coop's head, and almost winning it all, the peace and quiet will be sort of nice. All the pressure is now on Tom Brady.
Let's be real people are gonna lose their minds as if we never won anything the moment we lose 3 or 4 in a row. Don't think I've forgotten all the doom and gloom after losing Game 6 on the Island lol.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad