Confirmed with Link: Lightning re-sign Mitchell Chaffee | 2 years, $800k AAV

DistantThunderRep

Mar 8, 2018
Solid depth piece that if put on a faster, offensive minded 4th line, would probably be the best fit. Not sure pairing him with Glendening is the right move going forward, though.
I think there is a serious identity crisis with the 3rd and 4th lines. The team kind of has to decide what they want to do. Obviously Kuch line should be scoring, but the way everything else is going, the 2nd, 3rd, and 4th lines are all just trying to (and failing) to play D.

Hockeyville USA

Dec 30, 2023
Central Ohio
Chaffee needs to be a 4th liner next year until he proves he can be a consistent contributor. His presence on the 3rd line exposed our depth issues in the playoffs. I like the player but Cooper and BriseBois need to get on the same page to put a more optimal lineup together for the upcoming season

Last edited:

OffBy1

Aug 5, 2021
He looked good in the regular season as a 4th liner, but I barely noticed him in the playoffs - and you need depth scoring, or at least impactful play from your bottom six to go far. I hope there is still some untapped upside, because this team desperately needs players who are going to outplay their contracts if it's going to do anything next different next year.

Hockeyville USA

Dec 30, 2023
Central Ohio
He looked good in the regular season as a 4th liner, but I barely noticed him in the playoffs - and you need depth scoring, or at least impactful play from your bottom six to go far. I hope there is still some untapped upside, because this team desperately needs players who are going to outplay their contracts if it's going to do anything next different next year.
Only times I noticed him were when his line got pinned in by various Florida lines. Maurice really took advantage of the matchup game in Sunrise

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
I don't really see anything from this guy, decent hands sometimes but his shot is brutal. He's probably going to track similar to Mitchell Stephens and be passed quickly.

Rschmitz

Finding new ways to cheat
Feb 27, 2002
Tampa Bay
Yeah I could care less about his bad shot, he does a ton of little things well that help us win and maintain possession of the puck so the guys who do have good shots can come out onto the ice and score. As long as we don’t expect him to play on a scoring line he’s a great contributor

Reactions: Peacefool

Peacefool

Nov 15, 2019
Yeah I could care less about his bad shot, he does a ton of little things well that help us win and maintain possession of the puck so the guys who do have good shots can come out onto the ice and score. As long as we don’t expect him to play on a scoring line he’s a great contributor
give him time and experience and I think he will surprise us in a good way

Reactions: Rschmitz

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad