Confirmed with Link: Lightning re-sign Cory Conacher (1 year, $700k, one-way)

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
Conacher was OG - the first player from that insane Norfolk team to crack the roster and that make people say "who's he???" from Tampa. Seems like a positive guy to have around the room, slots fine as a 13th forward and has organizational value as a leader in syracuse.

His quote from last season after being cut from camp, a good attitude seems to go a long way in this organization.
"It's hard news to take. At the same time, this is my job,'' Conacher said of the demotion. "A lot of people would be honored to be in my position where they play hockey for a living. I can't be down. I can't complain.''
"I want to be the one knocking on the doorstep and taking advantage of the opportunity if I get that,'' he said. "They expect me to go down there and play well.

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
Seems like a great guy. Don't want him on the ice if we can avoid it, but fine with him in the locker room.

PhysicalGraffiti

Bolts STM
Jul 26, 2007
NY to TB
Seems like a great guy. Don't want him on the ice if we can avoid it, but fine with him in the locker room.

I disagree. I've liked what I saw from him over the past season or so. Maybe not every game, but I was hoping he would at least be in the rotation of guys who would get to come in for games here and there.

LightningStrikes

Champa Bay Lightning
Nov 24, 2009
He's providing a nice energy spark with his speed and hustle when occasionally inserted in the lineup. Not sure, he'd be effective over a full 82 game season. It works for 3-5 game stints after sitting 4-5.

Reactions: PhysicalGraffiti

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
With Conacher and Martel both in Syracuse, we can expect the team to score bucket loads of goals.

We always paid a lot of attention to Syracuse, but we might be even more attentive now, given all the time JB spent building that team.

I sincerely can't remember who's replacing JB as the assistant GM. Did we ever name somebody? Or is JB handling everything?

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
With Conacher and Martel both in Syracuse, we can expect the team to score bucket loads of goals.

We always paid a lot of attention to Syracuse, but we might be even more attentive now, given all the time JB spent building that team.

I sincerely can't remember who's replacing JB as the assistant GM. Did we ever name somebody? Or is JB handling everything?
I think he is in fact doing dual GM duty. I remember thinking upon his promotion "Wow he has a lot on his plate" I can't entirely recall but it would make sense to my reaction at the time

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
IdI like to see them hire Pat Conacher, no relation to Cory that imI aware of, as the assistant GM and Crunch GM. He worked for the Crunch before going to Utica as the director of hockey operations. Would kinda take Verbeeks spot unless they promote him to assistant GM. Conacher has a good eye for talent, found some decent PTO guys for the Crunch and Comets that have turned into solid AHL contributors.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad