Confirmed with Link: Lightning re-sign Andrei Vasilevskiy (3 years, $3.5M cap hit, $10.5M total)

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
That's a lot of money. They didn't give him that deal to be a back-up. One good thing though-- they signed it before he has a big year.

This one's a big gamble, IMO. Doesn't kick in for another year, but I don't think they'll have him playing behind anyone this year. Needs the experience.

ThunderAlleyNomad

Aug 24, 2009
Vasy just got $3.5 per... Sadly, that spells the end for Bishop. Wouldn't be surprised to see him traded today. This one scares me.

It's not ideal of course, we obviously are better with Bishop. On the silver lining side though, thank god we have Vasy, and he'll grow into it. I really think he's a legit #1, he needs work. The rebound control is something that can be worked on.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Are there three Steve Yzermans?

Not sure if this Vasy deal means Bish is gone for sure this year, or gone for sure next year. We don't HAVE to move Bishop now, but I don't know if they want Vasilevskiy on the bench all year if it's so clear to him that he's the future. He needs games.

This worries me, but now I think we have to move Bishop. I really don't want to do that.

Stammertime91

TBL: TEAM OF THE CENTURY
Dec 13, 2011
Tampa: NHL's Newest Dynasty
Doubt Bishop is here in October. It's a gamble but I can see them shipping him and Flip by the start of the season and going with a cheaper option at C and resigning both Killer and Kucherov with ease. This also allows us to maybe take on a serviceable forward if they really want it to fill in on that bottom 6.

EA Sports GM

Apr 2, 2013
Vancouver
Bishop watch 2016.

I suppose we could get a backup in any potential Bishop deal, but what other serviceable backups are still on the market right now?

AimForTopCheddar

trust the yzerplan
Feb 7, 2012
Calgary
Bish will always be a fan favourite here. After years of awful goaltending it's really sad to see our Vezina level goalie gone after only 4 seasons.

The Gongshow

Fire JBB
Jul 17, 2014
Toronto
Losing Bish breaks my heart. I swear I'm going to root for him anywhere he lands.

Gonna love him forever. Might get a Bish jersey anyway.

Big Ben was amazing for us and proved he's a #1 goalie, nominated for 2 Vezinas. He's the man. One of the best goalies Tampa has ever had. Sadly he got hurt when we needed him most in the playoffs, but he's the reason the team got there.

Gonna miss him

FDfranklin

Jan 21, 2013
If he is truly the goalie of the future why not sign him longer? If he turns out to be amazing then he will be due for a big raise we can't afford in 3 years.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad