Recalled/Assigned: Lightning re-assign Vladislav Namestnikov to Syracuse

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
Bryan Burns ‏@BBurnsNHL 48s49 seconds ago West Virginia, US

C Vladislav Namestnikov has been reassigned to #SyrCrunch today.

Knew it, best for him and the team atm, he's in rotation to get scratched every other game, probably best for him to play top minutes with the Crunch, and TB is way stronger with Stamkos-Johnson-Fillpula-Boyle as our center depth.

BohemianRhandomly

Nov 3, 2014
Section 128
Knew it, best for him and the team atm, he's in rotation to get scratched every other game, probably best for him to play top minutes with the Crunch, and TB is way stronger with Stamkos-Johnson-Fillpula-Boyle as our center depth.

Makes some sense I suppose, but I'm still a little surprised. Vladdy's been very strong, little shocked that he'd be the one sent down. Guess Pacquette nudged his way in. Shame, but good to know he's in the wings in case anyone in Tampa is injured. Sorry to see him sent down, though. :cry:

xteesy

Jun 19, 2014
Tampa
Definitely best for him. He needs to pack on some weight, bad. The kid gets thrown around at the NHL level, and still somehow performs. Imagine if he could actually fight off every check with weight instead of just skill.

On another note, since he moved into an apartment on Davis Island --- Who's gonna water his fern?

6781991669_65ae900d5f_z.jpg

Brie

bearer of bad news
Jul 5, 2014
I think it's what is best for him at this time, getting to play more consistant, besides there will probably be some injuries at some point and it feels good to know that we have someone who can come up and get to work right away.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
I like this move. The rotating forward thing is probably going to keep guys from getting into a groove if we keep it up, and Paquette, Drouin, and Brown each bring something unique to the team whereas Namestnikov doesn't just yet. I thought Namestnikov had a strong game vs. Buffalo, but for right now I like the idea of him being a #1C in Syracuse rather than playing 2/3 games in TB. Especially now that Flip looks like he'll be a fixture as the #3C and has resumed his PK duties.

He'll be back when there's an injury and a more steady, if short-term, role available.

Volodya Krutov

Lost Cosmonaut
Jan 18, 2012
I love the fact they sent him down after he played arguably the best game of his short [nhl] career. I'm serious, he's leaving... With a smile on his face.

CupsOverCash

Jun 16, 2009
Pretty surprising move. He's played well and deserves to be up with the big club. He will get top forward minutes in Syracuse which will help him. I think it's better that Connolly and Drouin get the playing time. Connolly has deserved his turn and Drouin doesn't need to go back to juniors. Namestnikov will get his turn.

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
It may be worth noting that the Bruins were scouting the Sabres/Bolts game. The assumption was they were scouting the Sabres, but maybe not.

Pure speculation, just something to consider.

BOLTMAN

Jun 29, 2011
Namestnikov

Sorry can't find this guy in the player discussion.

TAMPA BAY, Fla. – The Tampa Bay Lightning have reassigned forward Vladislav Namestnikov to the Syracuse Crunch of the American Hockey League today, vice president and general manager Steve Yzerman announced.

Namestnikov, 22, has skated in 23 games with the Lightning this season, posting three goals and seven points to go along with four penalty minutes. He recorded his first career NHL goal and assist on Oct. 13 against the Montreal Canadiens. The 6-foot, 182-pound forward tallied his first career game-winning goal on Oct. 24 in Winnipeg.

Namestnikov has played in 27 career NHL games, all with the Lightning over the past two seasons. The Zhukovskiy, Russia native has appeared in 100 career AHL games, all with the Crunch, registering 26 goals and 69 points. Last season he set AHL career high totals for games played (56), goals (19), assists (29), points (48) and penalty minutes (40).

The Crunch return to the War Memorial Arena to host the Hartford Wolf Pack 7 p.m. Friday. Single game and season tickets for the Crunch's 2014-15 campaign are on sale and can be purchased either in person at the Crunch Box Office located at the War Memorial on 800 South State Street in Syracuse, or by calling the office at (315) 473-4444. For all the latest Crunch information and updates, fans can visit the team's official website at (syracusecrunch.com) or follow the club on Facebook at (facebook.com/syracusecrunch) and on Twitter (@SyracuseCrunch).
Print Friendly Version

Too many guys.

Man he is going to be a Beast

BOLTMAN

Jun 29, 2011
I like this move. The rotating forward thing is probably going to keep guys from getting into a groove if we keep it up, and Paquette, Drouin, and Brown each bring something unique to the team whereas Namestnikov doesn't just yet. I thought Namestnikov had a strong game vs. Buffalo, but for right now I like the idea of him being a #1C in Syracuse rather than playing 2/3 games in TB. Especially now that Flip looks like he'll be a fixture as the #3C and has resumed his PK duties.

He'll be back when there's an injury and a more steady, if short-term, role available.

I agree ........... But this guy will be great

c_robio

Feb 3, 2006
I like the move. Paquette needs to be groomed for Morrow's spot next year. The original plan was probably to send paquette down when everyone was healthy but he outperformed expectations

Namestnikov gets top line minutes,pp,pk in the AHL instead of 12 minutes then scratched

Also opens up more minutes for Drouin who like Namestnikov needs to play and can't be getting scratched every other game

Now If Drouin can play his way to flipping with Killorn the lines will look really good

Lord Stan 2020

Elite fan
Jun 29, 2013
New Port Richey Fl
www.facebook.com
i really got to believe another deal is getting close with someone nj for larsson or edmonton for petry or schultz?

Send barberio and a pick get a righty who might step into a good role.

I just feel stevie is doing things cause to me this was a shocking move at this time.

If I was carle I would be worried long term at this point. He better really start stepping up.

Yes I get we have gudas sustr and stralman on the right side right now.

I also know we have barberio carle hedman and garrison on the left and get garrison can play on right ok.

We could be targeting a lefty but do not know who is available and to me that would mean moving carle sooner rather than later.

Just wouldnt be surprised if we see a move pretty quickly.

Werewolf

Oct 29, 2013
Tampa
Don't understand how sending Vladdy to Syracuse means we are getting ready to make a trade. 1 + 1 = 3? The indicator is Yzerman saying he could possibly bring in a defenseman or "something bigger" is the indicator - doesn't really take a genius to figure out a trade might be coming if the GM has bluntly stated to the fact he has considered it.

Since Hedman came back our defense looks pretty good. Yzerman is probably in evaluation mode right now...team did well without Hedman and now really well with Hedman in the lineup. Our PP looks good with Hedman driving the #1 unit and Stralman manning the #2 unit. Our #1 PK should also improve with Hedman back there.

Yzerman will steal somebody's lunch or stand pat - this team is really good as is right now.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Bryan Burns ‏@BBurnsNHL 48s49 seconds ago West Virginia, US

C Vladislav Namestnikov has been reassigned to #SyrCrunch today.

Had a feeling he was going to be sent down. He needs more time, imo.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Don't understand how sending Vladdy to Syracuse means we are getting ready to make a trade. 1 + 1 = 3? The indicator is Yzerman saying he could possibly bring in a defenseman or "something bigger" is the indicator - doesn't really take a genius to figure out a trade might be coming if the GM has bluntly stated to the fact he has considered it.

Since Hedman came back our defense looks pretty good. Yzerman is probably in evaluation mode right now...team did well without Hedman and now really well with Hedman in the lineup. Our PP looks good with Hedman driving the #1 unit and Stralman manning the #2 unit. Our #1 PK should also improve with Hedman back there.

Yzerman will steal somebody's lunch or stand pat - this team is really good as is right now.

Agreed, although Yzerman's comments combined with the fact that we have both a roster space and some money available right now is enough to make us wonder if he's trying to pull something off. I don't think anything's imminent, but I do think he's hoping to going to try to make a deal, probably for a rental (to keep Stammer's money freed up), before the deadline.

I think Namestnikov was mainly sent down for his own benefit, mind you, and also to put an end to the rotation of forwards, which, when you consider some of their ages/experience levels, was probably a dangerous game to be playing with their development.

Werewolf

Oct 29, 2013
Tampa
I think Namestnikov was mainly sent down for his own benefit, mind you, and also to put an end to the rotation of forwards, which, when you consider some of their ages/experience levels, was probably a dangerous game to be playing with their development.

I'm going to make the argument that the organization made a mistake by keeping Vladdy up and losing Panik for nothing. Yeah, he earned the spot by putting up great numbers in preseason. With hindsight being 20/20 - Vladdy would have been called up anyways due to piling injuries and we'd be sitting in the same spot we are now ... plus Panik or plus a low draft pick.

It was clear that Vladdy's body wasn't ready for a full time spot yet and keeping him up added to the glut of Forwards. I think I had an exchange with Hose where he said Paquette was going to take Vladdy's spot in the lineup and I told him the organization would open up themselves to the criticism of losing Panik for nothing. Our local media coverage is pretty lackluster so nobody really questions the decision at the beginning of the year. Wonder how that would go over in NY or Montreal/Toronto?

I digress, my take is the same as everyone's...it was the only rational thing to do for the sake of development. Yeah we have cap money, yeah we have a roster spot. Doubt Yzerman pulls the trigger on anything short of another steal and I really haven't seen Yzerman pull the trigger on any trades that don't address BOTH the short and long term needs of the team.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
I'm going to make the argument that the organization made a mistake by keeping Vladdy up and losing Panik for nothing. Yeah, he earned the spot by putting up great numbers in preseason. With hindsight being 20/20 - Vladdy would have been called up anyways due to piling injuries and we'd be sitting in the same spot we are now ... plus Panik or plus a low draft pick.

It was clear that Vladdy's body wasn't ready for a full time spot yet and keeping him up added to the glut of Forwards. I think I had an exchange with Hose where he said Paquette was going to take Vladdy's spot in the lineup and I told him the organization would open up themselves to the criticism of losing Panik for nothing. Our local media coverage is pretty lackluster so nobody really questions the decision at the beginning of the year. Wonder how that would go over in NY or Montreal/Toronto?

I digress, my take is the same as everyone's...it was the only rational thing to do for the sake of development. Yeah we have cap money, yeah we have a roster spot. Doubt Yzerman pulls the trigger on anything short of another steal and I really haven't seen Yzerman pull the trigger on any trades that don't address BOTH the short and long term needs of the team.

Agreed on Vladdy. I think he earned his spot with the team, but 6-8 games in I think it would have been better to send him down. And I don't even think his problems are limited to strength. I don't think he's using his teammates enough in the offensive zone just yet, which is probably because the game hasn't "slowed down" for him just yet.

The reason why I think a rental is an option this year, where it wasn't in the past, is that it serves a short-term need, and in a weird way also serves a long-term need. Because until we get the Stamkos contract done, we have to be very careful about taking on contracts. Unless there's one moving out. So I wouldn't be shocked if we're in on Martin or maybe even Sekera (as long as we're not giving up anything too significant). But I think that's a little ways off just yet.

BOLTMAN

Jun 29, 2011
i really got to believe another deal is getting close with someone nj for larsson or edmonton for petry or schultz?

Send barberio and a pick get a righty who might step into a good role.

I just feel stevie is doing things cause to me this was a shocking move at this time.

If I was carle I would be worried long term at this point. He better really start stepping up.

Yes I get we have gudas sustr and stralman on the right side right now.

I also know we have barberio carle hedman and garrison on the left and get garrison can play on right ok.

We could be targeting a lefty but do not know who is available and to me that would mean moving carle sooner rather than later.

Just wouldnt be surprised if we see a move pretty quickly.

I would love an upgrade for Carle. If we could move Carle by adding a piece with him for an upgrade this would be unbelievable.

I really think we cut the time down in becoming a very very dominant team by doing something like this.

otherwise we have to watch the clock until our kids catch up. I mean why not we have extra stuff and cash to do it.

Also I think Stevie gets a kick out of out smarting other GM's

I smell something and there is no way Stevie will stand pat. He is not scared to make moves and he is and has been just sorting things out.

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012

I agree on a few points, they should've sent Vladdy down to start the year. I'm just not sure Panik would've made it this far before being waved anyway. He has less points then Paquette and Namestnikov this year. I just don't think he's the player most of us were hoping, seems like an AHL stud who can't translate.

We should've waived Brown if anybody. Not sure he would've been claimed and there is no upside to him where Panik had some but seems unlikely right now. I also wonder if Panik would've stood up to Giordano like Brown did, Panik is a big boy but never seen any real passion or fire out of him. Don't think Panik is a big loss anymore.

Lord Stan 2020

Elite fan
Jun 29, 2013
New Port Richey Fl
www.facebook.com
I agree on a few points, they should've sent Vladdy down to start the year. I'm just not sure Panik would've made it this far before being waved anyway. He has less points then Paquette and Namestnikov this year. I just don't think he's the player most of us were hoping, seems like an AHL stud who can't translate.

We should've waived Brown if anybody. Not sure he would've been claimed and there is no upside to him where Panik had some but seems unlikely right now. I also wonder if Panik would've stood up to Giordano like Brown did, Panik is a big boy but never seen any real passion or fire out of him. Don't think Panik is a big loss anymore.

P.S. agreed and biggest news is on our boy connolly unless is serious upgrade and have to move connolly for a STUD defender another stralman type brett has become safer:)

Which I am very happy for I still think vladdy winds up as good or better than connolly but brett is a 60 point guy to me and glad is proving and earning a spot etc...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad