Confirmed with Link: Lightning qualify Connolly, Korobov, Kunyk, Panik, Paradis, Sustr

Steve Yzerman

A New Season Begins
Mar 11, 2013
Mississauga
#TBLightning has made qualifying offers to Richard Panik and Brett Connolly. Agent Gerry Johannson confident they'll get deal done

Barbs, Aulie and Sustr not qualified yet. Yzerman going shopping in FA?

Last edited:

chasespace

Jul 19, 2010
Gator Nation
Sustr and Barbs will be qualified, I can actually see them signing deals before the end of the month because they don't have too much arguing to do.

Panik and Connolly on the other hand...

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Keep in mind these are the two most likely pieces to be dangled for trade bait.

Lord Stan 2020

Elite fan
Jun 29, 2013
New Port Richey Fl
www.facebook.com
got to wonder what is going on. Think the sleeves are off lol.

Murray out there saying we dont need d in the draft only need veterans stevie saying wants a young guy with term. Handling the d last?

There is a plan of that I am sure lol.

Got to think since dont have nothing coming up after what is in ahl now we have to target at least some d somewhere in the draft?

Even Missy put out a list of guys today that made me scratch my head a bit of guys or guy missing haha.

xteesy

Jun 19, 2014
Tampa
This HAS to be a play for some trade material. Otherwise I'm just going to keep sitting here scratching my head... :loony:

Steve Yzerman

A New Season Begins
Mar 11, 2013
Mississauga

Murray out there saying we dont need d in the draft only need veterans stevie saying wants a young guy with term. Handling the d last?

Got to think since dont have nothing coming up after what is in ahl now we have to target at least some d somewhere in the draft?

Even Missy put out a list of guys today that made me scratch my head a bit of guys or guy missing haha.

There is, it's called the Yzerplan and you'll refer to it as such.

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
They're not letting Barberio or Sustr go for nothing they should be qualified soon too.

I'm guessing SY wants Panik and Connolly to prove something this season to earn a longer term deal. With all our forward depth he's not committing to a couple of underperforming ones. Barberio needs to show something this year too, would think Sustr is a bit safer. Aulie looks gone, Cooper doesn't seem to be a fan.

Todd1a

Kucherov or prospect
Jun 19, 2014
orlando, fl

Ya I know he is looking into something! The thing that struck me is he said he wanted a young defenseman.

Todd1a

Kucherov or prospect
Jun 19, 2014
orlando, fl
With all these forwards in play panik Connolly jt brown kucherov vladdy. We are loaded with forwards where really vladdy has no nhl spot ? I just wonder if Stevie moves some out ? I thought Killorn but they resigned him and called him core ? Stevie pretty much stated today that drouin and Connolly are making this team next year ? With us resigning Callahan it's gonna be hard for bret Connolly to crack the top 9 next year. So do we keep all these guys or does someone move for defense ? Does kucherov go back to the ahl with vladdy next year ?

walle

Sep 9, 2008
Northpole
Barberio and Sustr are must sign unless you can trade for someone like Vatanen who has not received his club's full trust yet. Then you could one's rights perhaps. But still Panik and Connolly are good signings. They both must know that if they crack it, they will in damn good team for futures, and both have yet proven anything at NHL level, so signings are must.

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
unless erne or paquette or namestnikov make team is no reason to not keep up kucherov.

What does any of them have to do with keeping Kucherov up? None of them play Kucherov's position so they aren't battling him for a spot. Kucherov will have to beat out Connolly/Panik/Purcell for a RW spot. SY wants Connolly to succeed so he shouldn't get shafted again, Panik can play 4th line so he looks like he has a spot so it's Purcell who's making 4.5 vs Kucherov who's waiver exempt. Seems like if we can't move Purcell he's going to be why we send Kucherov down.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
What does any of them have to do with keeping Kucherov up? None of them play Kucherov's position so they aren't battling him for a spot. Kucherov will have to beat out Connolly/Panik/Purcell for a RW spot. SY wants Connolly to succeed so he shouldn't get shafted again, Panik can play 4th line so he looks like he has a spot so it's Purcell who's making 4.5 vs Kucherov who's waiver exempt. Seems like if we can't move Purcell he's going to be why we send Kucherov down.

The reasons keep piling up.

;)

Lord Stan 2020

Elite fan
Jun 29, 2013
New Port Richey Fl
www.facebook.com

He proved he can play don't know stevies thoughts but if we dont need to bury him why would we? Also think he can play other wing. Which is a whatever to your post? He is better than others and your point is to send down for what? If we have the spot why?

Steve said vladdy would get time too. So yeah sooner or later someone moves but even if they dont erne paquette or vladdy needs to come up to make kucherov go down. Unless we add another. Some people can actually play more than one wing lol.

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
He proved he can play don't know stevies thoughts but if we dont need to bury him why would we? Also think he can play other wing. Which is a whatever to your post? He is better than others and your point is to send down for what? If we have the spot why?

Steve said vladdy would get time too. So yeah sooner or later someone moves but even if they dont erne paquette or vladdy needs to come up to make kucherov go down. Unless we add another. Some people can actually play more than one wing lol.

He was ok last year he wasn't amazing, he had some good games and some where he didn't do anything. Even if they move him to the left side not sure he's pushing Killorn off the top 6. He's better then Brown but he does so well in his spot. Connolly was better then some lase year and was still sent down so it can happen.

I'd like Kucherov to do well but I want Connolly and Panik playing regularly. If it came down to it having Kucherov in the A isn't tbe worst thing.

Lord Stan 2020

Elite fan
Jun 29, 2013
New Port Richey Fl
www.facebook.com
Ah, yes, you're probably right. I'm in trade mode, I just got out of work and heard we traded for Garrison... :laugh:

ya not sure what we gave up ohhh yes

we got garrison a guy on down year supposably shot 3.9 percent but tied his high with points. - 5 when edler was minus 5000 hehe.

has shot 8.5 percent:) so somehow we got this top four guy a physical forward for syracuse and a 7th rounder and gave up the 50th pick.

When everyone was thinking 1st plus connolly or 2nd plus purcell.

So yes there was that.

MattM92

Dec 8, 2010
FL
Erik Erlendsson @erlendssonTBO · 22m
#tblightning did qualify six players - Connolly, Korobov, Kunyk, Panik, Paradis and Sustr

Erik Erlendsson @erlendssonTBO · 23m
#tblightning do not qualify Anders Lindback, Keith Aulie, Geoff Walkder and Charles Landry, they all become UFAs

Final QO details as the deadline was at 5pm ET today

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Didn't expect Korobov. Is this just a matter of holding his rights if he returns to Russia?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad