Waived: Lightning place Josh Archibald on unconditional waivers for the purpose of contract termination

RDTBay4

Apr 28, 2014
Clearwater, FL
He was diagnosed with myocarditis in the summer of 2021 after getting COVID-19. After which, he refused to get vaccinated (or boosted maybe) in the 2022 off season, which I'd imagine is due to medical advice, and received a lot of scrutiny and criticism.

I wonder if the medical issue or his vaccination status factor into this. Either way, really sad for him.

Reactions: CycloneSweep

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
He was diagnosed with myocarditis in the summer of 2021 after getting COVID-19. After which, he refused to get vaccinated (or boosted maybe) in the 2022 off season, which I'd imagine is due to medical advice, and received a lot of scrutiny and criticism.

I wonder if the medical issue or his vaccination status factor into this. Either way, really sad for him.
He refused to get vaccinated for what seemed to be political reasons. Which whatever. Couldn’t play in US road games for the Oil and his game slowly took a hit.

I’d assume he maybe failed his physical or something.

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ
He refused to get vaccinated for what seemed to be political reasons. Which whatever. Couldn’t play in US road games for the Oil and his game slowly took a hit.

I’d assume he maybe failed his physical or something.
He never made it to camp, so there was no physical. If there were any poor health reports prior, Brisebois and other GMs would have had that information and he would have not been grabbed July 1st. This seems very much like his / his family’s own personal choice, especially by the small statement put out by Brisebois.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad