News Article: Lightning owner Jeff Vinik has honored $10 million worth of Community Heroes

The Underboss

Dec 20, 2006
Florida
http://www.tbo.com/list/sports-colu...ocial&utm_source=Facebook&utm_campaign=buffer

When Brooke Pasch was born 22 years ago, doctors told her family she wouldn’t live more than two weeks. There wasn’t hope. She suffered from VACTERL association. Her right arm was deformed — and so was every organ in her body. Her problems included heart and kidney disease, amid many others. Brooke was wired all wrong from the start. There’d never be a day without medicines. She carried them in her school backpack. And she led a hero’s life.

“I never met a person happier than Brooke,†said Kim Pasch, Brooke’s mother. “She loved helping people.â€

VinikToWinIt

Number 1 Bull****
Jun 15, 2014
South Florida
Vinik is the best thing to happen to the Lightning and Tampa itself in a long time. What a stand-up guy. Couldn't be prouder to have him as our owner.

Hoek

Legendary Poster A
May 12, 2003
Tampa, FL
I still can't believe we actually have him and that he can like this place so much to contribute as much as he has. Just mind blowing. There needs to be more ownership like this.

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
Pretty soon there's gonna be a school or a street named after this guy. This goes beyond philanthropy. Very few have ever done more for the Tampa Bay area than Vinik has and it's only been a few years.

2020 Cup Champions

Formerly Sila v Kucherove
Nov 26, 2013
I still can't believe we actually have him and that he can like this place so much to contribute as much as he has. Just mind blowing. There needs to be more ownership like this.

When he started making the headlines with the Vinikville stuff I got the distinct impression that this is a guy that has a legacy in mind.

BHD

Vejmelka for Vezina
Dec 27, 2009
Moncton, NB
Jeff Vinik is the model sports owner. Not saying he does this to be recognized, but he definitely sets an example.

AlphaCatalyst

Elite Fan
Jun 27, 2007
Calgary
Pretty soon there's gonna be a school or a street named after this guy. This goes beyond philanthropy. Very few have ever done more for the Tampa Bay area than Vinik has and it's only been a few years.

He needs to have his picture in the dictionary next to Class.

class/klas/
noun
a set or category of things having some property or attribute in common and differentiated from others by kind, type, or quality.
the system of ordering a society in which people are divided into sets based on perceived social or economic status.
a group of students who are taught together.
verb
assign or regard as belonging to a particular category.
adjective
showing stylish excellence.

Sear91

Jun 26, 2007
Tampa
The best thing about Jeff, is that he's just another guy like each and every one of us, but he just happens to have a ton of money and love hockey. I taught his son last year and he showed up to parents night with a sticker name tag just like everyone else. So very thankful to have him around.

Brie

bearer of bad news
Jul 5, 2014
He's a great guy and a great owner.

It was also great to read some of the stories of the great people who have been honored over the year, such a great program.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad