Confirmed with Link: Lightning hire Joel Bouchard as the next head coach of the Syracuse Crunch

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004

The announcement makes Bouchard the 10th head coach in the storied history of the Crunch franchise, replacing Benoit Groulx, who had been the team's head coach for the past seven seasons and who leaves the Crunch as its all-time leader in coaching wins. Groulx will be offered another position within the Lightning organization.
Assistant coaches Gilles Bouchard and Éric Veilleux will not be returning to the team.

Last edited:
Reactions: barriers

Point21

Oct 23, 2018
I know Groulx was rumored to Arizona, but i wonder if he end up losing one of our assistants, he would take that position

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
I know Groulx was rumored to Arizona, but i wonder if he end up losing one of our assistants, he would take that position
I'm not sure what spots exist. Babcock is going to Columbus, but otherwise there aren't any NHL head coach vacancies.

Ottawa? I don't really know how Andlauer likes to hire.

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ
Two interesting connections here from Joel Bouchard's time at Blainville-Boisbriand. First is Daniel Walcott, who the Armada never drafted, but made their team out of training camp. He was later named captain for the 2014-2015 season and ended up a first team all star.

Armada-vs-Gatineau-remise-troph%C3%A9e-001-1024x745.jpg

The other is that Bouchard coached ABB after aquiring him from Drummondville. ABB would help Bouchards teams go to back to back QMJHL Finals (2017, 2018) as well as win QMJHL MVP and CHL Player of the Year in 2018

Both will obviously be big veteran pieces for the Crunch this season, assuming ABB stays there.

Point21

Oct 23, 2018
Two interesting connections here from Joel Bouchard's time at Blainville-Boisbriand. First is Daniel Walcott, who the Armada never drafted, but made their team out of training camp. He was later named captain for the 2014-2015 season and ended up a first team all star.

Armada-vs-Gatineau-remise-troph%C3%A9e-001-1024x745.jpg

The other is that Bouchard coached ABB after aquiring him from Drummondville. ABB would help Bouchards teams go to back to back QMJHL Finals (2017, 2018) as well as win QMJHL MVP and CHL Player of the Year in 2018

Both will obviously be big veteran pieces for the Crunch this season, assuming ABB stays there.
Dubois to Tampa confirmed lol

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
Dale Weise has some opinions about Bouchard, but TB would have done their homework, and every player has their own best way of being coached.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad