Confirmed with Link: Lightning hire Brad Lauer as new assistant coach

MrClutch86

Aug 23, 2013
Tampa
Ducks fans hated him and he ran a terrible powerplay.
Terrible hiring imo but he worked with Cooper in Syracuse so maybe he will prove me wrong.

CupsOverCash

Jun 16, 2009
Amazing how good our team was without a PP last year. Imagine if they had good special teams too.

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ
Ducks fans hated him and he ran a terrible powerplay.
Terrible hiring imo but he worked with Cooper in Syracuse so maybe he will prove me wrong.
He didn't work with Coop in Syracuse. He and Syracuse were with the Ducks organization in 2011-2012 and we were still with Norfolk before the switch.

Hoek

Legendary Poster A
May 12, 2003
Tampa, FL
They were also 3rd in this past playoffs, better than us. But not a standout record yes.

Look Up

Don't be a scan tool
Oct 3, 2013
Great.

Yzeman must like what he saw in a coach whose powerplay was 28th in the league. Probably because no talent to work with - Getzlaf, Perry, Kessler. :rant:

Ducks fans must be shaking their heads at this hire - the lauerplay is now in Tampa.

xteesy

Jun 19, 2014
Tampa
The Ducks have guys to work with, but honestly the only one I've ever truly see perform on the PP is Perry.

Getzlaf is plain dirty (good way) when it comes to 5v5's, he's hard to beat.

Haven't followed Kessler a ton, and everyone in the league hates Perry.

With all that said though, Yzerman has yet to screw up. #InYzermanWeTrust

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Gotta chalk this up to Yzerman having more info than we do. He stated at least a couple of times that the PP was among his biggest concerns last season. Given how eager people seem to be to work with our organization, Yzerman must see something in Lauer that's beyond the numbers, something that puts him ahead of the pack.

Our PP weapons are very, very different than the Ducks' weapons. Maybe Yzerman believes Lauer's philosophies would play more to our strengths.

Hard to really say, since it's not like I paid loads of attention to the Ducks' PP system. But Yzerman's main strength is putting the right people in the right places, so you have to believe he has a reason to ignore the numbers here.

Let's not forget: Kings fans STILL think Al Murray is a horrific scout after his tenure with their organization. While we basically worship the ground he walks on.

Brie

bearer of bad news
Jul 5, 2014
Looks like PP and forwards will be his work area, hopefully it will work out because we need to improve our PP for next season.

Todd1a

Kucherov or prospect
Jun 19, 2014
orlando, fl
Gotta chalk this up to Yzerman having more info than we do. He stated at least a couple of times that the PP was among his biggest concerns last season. Given how eager people seem to be to work with our organization, Yzerman must see something in Lauer that's beyond the numbers, something that puts him ahead of the pack.

Our PP weapons are very, very different than the Ducks' weapons. Maybe Yzerman believes Lauer's philosophies would play more to our strengths.

Hard to really say, since it's not like I paid loads of attention to the Ducks' PP system. But Yzerman's main strength is putting the right people in the right places, so you have to believe he has a reason to ignore the numbers here.

Let's not forget: Kings fans STILL think Al Murray is a horrific scout after his tenure with their organization. While we basically worship the ground he walks on.

True but our scouts were so bad before Murray it's making him look like a rock star!

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
True but our scouts were so bad before Murray it's making him look like a rock star!

We're not grading Murray on a curve. He's proven that he's one of the best scouts in the league, if not the very best. But he's despised by a lot of LA fans. Yzerman hired him anyway. Just saying. Yzerman doesn't hire guys without a good reason, and most of them work out pretty well.

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
Ughh. Don't think things are getting any better. If you can't get a team like the Ducks to score on the PP then I don't think you're gonna do much better here.

*whine*

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
The Ducks' PP weapons are good/great players, but they couldn't be any further, stylistically, from our PP weapons.

The "stationary" comments scare me (since that was a huge part of our problem). But there has to be something more to this hire than the numbers.

TheTriplets

May 18, 2015
Had the same thoughts at first, too.
Just throwing this out here, tho, think it's worth a thought:

Ps: someone willing to explain to me how to properly included tweet(s) in here? lol

Last edited by a moderator:

Ad

Upcoming events

• Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $340.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Bologna vs Udinese
    Bologna vs Udinese
    Wagers: 4