Lightning extend Jon Cooper

CupsOverCash

Jun 16, 2009
Yea thought this would come. A lot were saying wait until after the playoffs but I think hes proven himself as a guy who can coach them to the playoffs at least. Get in you have a chance. They have gone far everytime too. Have just come up short. Hopefully this is the year all that hard work paid off.

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
One team went from 20th to 2nd overall. Another team went from last to first in GA.
This is exactly the problem with the trophy. If your team was good last season, there's 0% chance you're going to win it this season. Cooper was a finalist in 2013-14, his first full season as a coach, which is the closest he's been to winning it. And that's only because Tampa sucked in 2012-13. Cooper is ten times better now than he was back then.

A1LeafNation

Obsession beats talent everytime!!
Oct 17, 2010
This is exactly the problem with the trophy. If your team was good last season, there's 0% chance you're going to won it this season. Cooper was a finalist in 2013-14, his first full season as a coach, which is the closest he's been to winning it. And that's only because Tampa sucked in 2012-13. Cooper is ten times better now than he was back then.
I think it's Cooper Peters and Trotz. They all make a good case to win it.

trick9

Jun 2, 2013
Weird to see him extended right before the Playoffs. It's well deserved for sure, but it will raise a big question mark if they don't have successful Playoff run this season. With a roster like that he pretty much has to win to keep the fans happy.

Reactions: NyQuil

God King Fudge

Championship Swag
Oct 13, 2017
One team went from 20th to 2nd overall. Another team went from last to first in GA.
And one is putting up numbers not seen in over 2 decades.

I don't even really care about Cooper being in or out of the discussion, but if you're dismissing what the team he's coaching is doing right now, I can't respect your opinions.

People seem to view the Adams like they do the Hart. It's not about actual performance, it's about performance against expectations.

izzy

go
Apr 29, 2012
Nova Scotia
Everyone seems to think that coaching only counts if you have a bad roster

not true necessarily, but coaching doesnt have as much to do with players like kucherov, stamkos and point absolutely destroy everyone offensively. you dont really coach that.

but what trotz is doing in new york, they are succeeding because of his system

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad