Post-Game Talk: Lightning def. Canucks - 4-2 (Highmore, Motte)

Pastor Of Muppetz

Oct 1, 2017
It looked like that to me. It looked like we were trying to win the cup or gold medal and Tampa was just in cruise control.
Not surprised ..(your general view of the team is more glass half empty)...I thought that was one of best games they've played this season (holding the SC champs to 11 ES shots throughout the game), and were let down by their PP.

If they play like that most nights, they will win.

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
Did I miss something? Did Demko give up some bad goals or something? I sure didn't see them. This board is such a hoot, we fired our whole front office and after a single morning skate with the new guy went on a winning streak that was unprecedented in this team's history only to have a sudden, unscheduled 10 game layoff interrupt us completely (which literally nobody here has cited as any sort of factor in the team's play, really?) and THEN... we head out on a road trip on the other side of the continent against 5 of the very best teams in the league. We outshot our opponents in both the first two games and we were in them both until the end. Now people are already getting the knives out for BB and the criticisms of TD are ramping up despite his amazing play. The usual static about Horvat's "captaining qualities" resurfaces after every loss (but then I remind myself that this is a fanbase that thought Ryan Kesler would make a great captain). No the team isn't perfect but I'll tell you this if they play every remaining game the way they have played the last two they will not only make the playoffs but they will scare the hell out of a team or two once there. What's next? Oh yeah TWO back to back road games that are scheduled for the AM (Vancouver time). No problems right? Don't worry, at some point things will level out schedule-wise and THEN we can whine if we don't play well. Right now it isn't like we aren't playing well so...

You complain that fans are too short-sighted. Then yourself says "at some point things will level out schedule-wise". Do you not think that this schedule they are in the middle of is the schedule being leveled out from the easier December?

Hyzer

Jimbo is fired - the good guys won
Aug 10, 2012
Vancouver
No offense, but Tampa was barely trying.

These guys don’t give two shits about the regular season. And they still won with our full lineup playing.

We need the too guys to start producing to begin to have a chance to win against these top echelon teams.

Zippgunn

May 15, 2011
Lhuntshi
You complain that fans are too short-sighted. Then yourself says "at some point things will level out schedule-wise". Do you not think that this schedule they are in the middle of is the schedule being leveled out from the easier December?

Again nobody is talking about the TOTALLY UNSCHEDULED TEN DAY GAP that they had in games. It's one thing if you know about it in advance and can plan around it but it is quite another to have it imposed at the height of a team record winning streak. Imagine how badly it must screw up Demko and yet he is still playing very well and is even showing a cocky side (like his puck handling last night) that suggests confidence. Yes the actual scheduled road trip is what they get for the easier sched earlier in the Dark Era but the gap for me is the killer. And yet we were in both these games. Certainly I ain't complainin'...

timw33

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 18, 2007
Victoria
Again nobody is talking about the TOTALLY UNSCHEDULED TEN DAY GAP that they had in games. It's one thing if you know about it in advance and can plan around it but it is quite another to have it imposed at the height of a team record winning streak. Imagine how badly it must screw up Demko and yet he is still playing very well and is even showing a cocky side (like his puck handling last night) that suggests confidence. Yes the actual scheduled road trip is what they get for the easier sched earlier in the Dark Era but the gap for me is the killer. And yet we were in both these games. Certainly I ain't complainin'...

I mean, I don't think unexpected large gaps in the schedule are foreign to any team in the league this year with the amount of postponements that have occurred.

Pastor Of Muppetz

Oct 1, 2017
Don’t understand why people are pissed
We all knew this is a poorly constructed roster
Lost to the two best teams in the league in regulation with good effort
Its looking like ,under a different coach, this roster isn't as poorly constructed as one might think...Tampa are the SC champions after all, and generally win, most of the time.....I guess 90% of the league must have poorly constructed rosters.?

Reactions: Zippgunn

53or8

Nov 20, 2016
Panthers are beating up on Dallas it feels like we just ran into a couple hot teams at the wrong time.We will see how we do tomorrow morning :rant:

Pastor Of Muppetz

Oct 1, 2017
Hurricanes are going to be one ornery team tomorrow..after getting their lunch handed to them by CBJ (6-0 loss).

Munber1

Jun 5, 2011
One thing I noticed about Ep is he stops skating a lot now. Seems like he has forgotten to always move his feet at all times like he did in his first 3 seasons.
when he first started with the Canucks he was eager to prove he was a good player and he impressed with his sustained effort and backchecking. Now he's frustrated because he's putting his effort into other things. If he can just put all his effort into skating hard, there should be moments in the game where he will get into a position where he can be effective

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad