Confirmed with Link: Lightning claim Rudolfs Balcers off waivers from Florida

Peacefool

Nov 15, 2019
wow interesting move. Where he can fit? 3rd line in Koepke`s place? 4 th line?

Peacefool

Nov 15, 2019
cooper is not benching maroon so 3rd line it is
would be interesting to see him playing. I was surprised that FLA sent him to waivers he wasnt worst guy there. From other side if he fits 3rd line, it means that Ryfors and others SYR guys wont have any chance to prove them.

Reactions: Krispy and ccman68

Vikz

Dec 26, 2021
Balcers career has been kind of weird. He complements star players well, gains points when on top lines. Never plays on PP. Because he is not getting those PP points, he gets demoted to bottom lines with time. There, he has no impact. Then, he gets waived. All the fans of the teams he was waived by have expressed disapointment. Everyone was saying - he is better than player X, why have we waived him? This happened in OTT, SJS and now FLA. There are no off-ice issues, he is regardered as a great team mate by everyone. So whats the point of this team jumping? He does not seem to be as bad as some of his teammates, yet the poor guy is being rejected every few months.

Peacefool

Nov 15, 2019
Balcers career has been kind of weird. He complements star players well, gains points when on top lines. Never plays on PP. Because he is not getting those PP points, he gets demoted to bottom lines with time. There, he has no impact. Then, he gets waived. All the fans of the teams he was waived by have expressed disapointment. Everyone was saying - he is better than player X, why have we waived him? This happened in OTT, SJS and now FLA. There are no off-ice issues, he is regardered as a great team mate by everyone. So whats the point of this team jumping? He does not seem to be as bad as some of his teammates, yet the poor guy is being rejected every few months.
He also looked really good at SJS at first lines. He can make good impact here with us

Reactions: Krispy

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
With one pretty obvious exception, we're pretty good at developing guys who've scored at the AHL into guys who put up decent numbers in the NHL... even if it's after they leave us.

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ

Asked whether he would push rookie Cole Koepke, the only waiver-exempt forward on the roster and the odd man out when the team went to 11 forwards, Lightning coach Jon Cooper cautioned against singling him out. “I would single a lot of guys out,” Cooper said.

“He might be one of them. Listen, the general manager is trying to improve the team any way he can when he sees the opportunity. And when something like this happens, the tentacles of a few players have probably gone up. So, I wouldn’t just single him out.”
“(Balcers) has produced in this league, and I don’t think Florida wanted to put him on waivers,” Cooper said. “We were fortunate to get him.”

You can read this a few different ways. This could be Coop not wanting to publicly single out his rookie (which happened to be hours before he finally scored his first goal), or to motivate some other guys to be better after a 2 game losing streak. I would think Koepke is the only realistic choice to sit as he’s not going to do that to any of the veteran forwards

Last edited:

RussianGuyovich

Hella Ennui
Jan 2, 2007

You can read this a few different ways. This could be Coop not wanting to publicly single out his rookie (which happened to be hours before he finally scored his first goal), or to motivate some other guys to be better after a 2 game losing streak. I would think Koepke is the only realistic choice to sit as he’s not going to do that to any of the veteran forwards

myers is going to be sent down, that's fait accompli. not just because of performance, but because if they send him back down now he avoids waivers - and also it's because of his performance.

but, when the guys like maroon and belle havent scored a single goal, and they're contribution is usually more acclimated to playoff hockey where hits are valued more, and obstruction called less, why wouldn't you sit one of them for some games. if not just to keep the older belle fresh?

belle has zero goals, is ~50% on FO, and was directly responsible for the turnover in the neutral zone that led to the caps third goal, which visibly upset cooper. and maroon missed a gimme goal.

wishful thinking, probably.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad