LeBrun: Lightning, Bruins, Blues, Leafs interested in Jacob Middleton

ITM

Out on the front line, don't worry I'll be fine...
Jan 26, 2012
Must’ve mentioned his name five times on the Leafs boards.

Do we ever need his type.

themelkman

Always Delivers
Apr 26, 2015
Calgary, Alberta
Im sure they are, but unless your offering lots why would the Sharks move him? Young breakout LHD that provides physicality and stability is going to be valuable

If Ben Chiarot is getting a first, Middleton should get two

Reactions: Gecklund

fasterthanlight

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 30, 2009
Seattle, WA
I wonder if DW can get a random first round pick out of Middleton like he did with Goodrow. (I doubt it, I'd be happy with a second)

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
The Sharks' best defensive defenseman, by quite a margin. Was a longshot to be a full-time NHL a couple years ago but he's become a key part of our defense.

He's been a godsend when paired with either Burns or Karlsson. He's the perfect steady D to play with an offensive dman.

Sharks cant keep/afford him?

Pavelski2112

Bold as Boognish
Dec 15, 2011
San Jose, California
Sharks cant keep/afford him?
I honestly don't know why they'd be shopping him at all. Maybe it's those teams asking and Doug/Joe Will/whoever's running this shit show is just taking calls.

I'd imagine a team would have to overpay to a degree to get him. He's been very good for us, and the org hasn't really shown any signs that they're trying to be sellers at the deadline yet.

Reactions: themelkman

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
I honestly don't know why they'd be shopping him at all. Maybe it's those teams asking and Doug/Joe Will/whoever's running this shit show is just taking calls.

I'd imagine a team would have to overpay to a degree to get him. He's been very good for us, and the org hasn't really shown any signs that they're trying to be sellers at the deadline yet.

Comp of Middleton?

Clint Eastwood

Eff the Habs
Nov 11, 2018

I'm unfamilar with Middleton so I have a couple questions.

1. How's his skating? Would he be a good fit next to a guy like Brandon Carlo who's also quite defensive? Would he work well in a shutdown pair?

2. Any experience playing his offside? I know it's likely not ideal but there's some dude named Connor Clifton on our team who's sometimes really good, but sometimes gives me gray hairs and we could use an upgrade.

Reactions: The Hockey Tonk Man

Kcoyote3

Half-wall Hockey - link below!
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2012
www.half-wallhockey.com
Can only see him dealt if the Sharks go full rebuild. If Hertl isn't being signed, I think they finally do the teardown and

Hertl
Cogliano
Nieto
Bonino
Middleton
Barabanov
Labanc (if anyone wants him)

are all going to be put on the block.

ThorNton Apologist

Jumbo needs a cup
Oct 1, 2006
Cali
I honestly thought he’d never be an NHL but he’s had a great season. Not a big threat offensively but very solid in his own zone. Will actually makes some smart plays and good breakout passes. His size and physicality will likely draw a team to overpay for him at the deadline which is honestly the only way SJ moves him. Also comes very affordable at 750K

Reactions: Laus723

Pavelski2112

Bold as Boognish
Dec 15, 2011
San Jose, California
I'm unfamilar with Middleton so I have a couple questions.

1. How's his skating? Would he be a good fit next to a guy like Brandon Carlo who's also quite defensive? Would he work well in a shutdown pair?

2. Any experience playing his offside? I know it's likely not ideal but there's some dude named Connor Clifton on our team who's sometimes really good, but sometimes gives me gray hairs and we could use an upgrade.
He skates relatively well, but nothing too special. Positioning is great though.

Before he was with Karlsson/Burns, he was playing on the right with Vlasic on the third pair. Hard to say if he really could play that well on the right, considering that Vlasic is terrible and he was set up to fail either way.

Reactions: Clint Eastwood

ThorNton Apologist

Jumbo needs a cup
Oct 1, 2006
Cali
Off the top of my head, similar to a Brendan Dillon replacement. Maybe shoots a little less, but similar playstyle. Was playing the same role Dillon was with Karlsson when he was here.
I actually believe that Middleton handles the puck better than Dillon. Dillon is somewhat sporadic while Middleton usually has some poise to make a good play

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad