Lifting the puck

Discussion in 'The Rink' started by Phoenix, Apr 27, 2007.

View Users: View Users
  1. Phoenix

Phoenix Registered User

I'm still having trouble doing this, and i cannot figure out why...(really frustrating)...

1) without taking a swing, are you meant to just "jerk" the puck upwards with the inside of your stick blade?

2) i thought the above was wrong, but if you're meant to twist you wrists in an attempt to cradle the puck up, am i right that the inside of the blade is facing up at the end ofthe swing? (otherwise I can't imagine how to do it).

3) where in the swing are you meant to twist your wrists and where should the puck start lifting off the ground? ie. For a r-hander, before your r foot, between your feet, or after your L foot?

4) any other advice for getting the puck onto your stick blade so you can toss it where you want?!

Thanks all.

2. sc37

sc37 Registered User

Home Page:
  3. Phoenix

Phoenix Registered User

Awesome, ok i can do that now, but how about when you take a swing? You can't turn the puck up then, so do you try to lift it up when the puck is more or less in front of your left foot (for a right handed shot)?

4. TBLfan

TBLfan Registered User

Being the best... ever
    Home Page:
    As the puck starts to roll along the blade face it will start to get off the ice. This will take place slightly after contact between the puck and blade.