Lifting the puck

Phoenix

Mar 26, 2006
I'm still having trouble doing this, and i cannot figure out why...(really frustrating)...

1) without taking a swing, are you meant to just "jerk" the puck upwards with the inside of your stick blade?

2) i thought the above was wrong, but if you're meant to twist you wrists in an attempt to cradle the puck up, am i right that the inside of the blade is facing up at the end ofthe swing? (otherwise I can't imagine how to do it).

3) where in the swing are you meant to twist your wrists and where should the puck start lifting off the ground? ie. For a r-hander, before your r foot, between your feet, or after your L foot?

4) any other advice for getting the puck onto your stick blade so you can toss it where you want?!

Thanks all.

Phoenix

Mar 26, 2006
Lay the puck flat (like it's positioned during most of the game) about 1/2 a sticks length to your right (left), bend your knees alot, and lay your stickblade on top of the puck (curve down, so the stick is "covering" it) so that you have as much blade-puck contact as possible ... apply pressure to the bottom of the blade (the part that is furthest away from you) and use that to push down on the far-side of the puck. This should lift the near-side of the puck a bit, keeping the puck largely pressed up against your stick.

Awesome, ok i can do that now, but how about when you take a swing? You can't turn the puck up then, so do you try to lift it up when the puck is more or less in front of your left foot (for a right handed shot)?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad