Confirmed with Link: Lidstrom hired as VP of Hockey Ops!

Ed Ned and Leddy

Brokering the Bally Sports + Corncob TV Merger
Apr 1, 2019
Detroit to DC
Very cool news. Some weenies will probably complain about nepotism or experience but I'm thrilled to have Lidstrom back in a leadership role.

izlez

We need more toe-drags/60
Feb 28, 2012
Curious what this actually means. We also just hired a director of hockey operations. Did we not have these roles at all before? What will they actually do?

ricky0034

Jun 8, 2010
cool

always tough to tell how former players will do in these sorts of roles but Lidstrom does seem like the type to have a higher than normal chance of being good at it at least

Reactions: SirloinUB

dragonballgtz

Jul 30, 2014
I think Stevie's track record speaks for itself. He doesn't seem to hire people unless they know what they are doing. Just imagine #19 and #5 looking at scouting reports.
Would love to be a fly on a wall and listen in on that conversation.

Austin Wings Fan

Mar 9, 2010
I'm excited to have Nick involved with the club in any capacity, so this is a great day regardless. Having said that, I must confess to being confused as to his actual role within the organization. Is he returning to live in Detroit full time? That would indicate to me he wants to be involved on a day-to-day basis. Is he going to remain in Sweden? In that case he's probably more of a "special advisor" who might opine on things here or there, collect a check, and get a figurehead role without any of the actual work. He's earned the right to the latter if that is what he wants, but it won't move the needle much organizationally. Still a fun day and a nice PR win for the Wings, though.

The Red Line

Oct 11, 2010
He's one of the greatest on-ice hockey minds of all time. Very excited to see what he can do behind the scenes.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad