Recalled/Assigned: Lias to Hartford, Gettinger called up

Raspewtin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 30, 2013
Gettinger's hands are underrated especially for a 6'6" guy.

He's not dangling anybody but he's a more capable passer and puck handler than his portrait would imply.

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
Gettinger was fine. Played about 7 minutes had 3 shots on goal, 4 hits and a block. Couldn't ask for much more from anyone in that limited amount of ice time. He needs to be consistent using his size. IMO he'll be a 4th line type but he could be very useful if he uses his size and helps out on the PK. I think he has enough skill where he contribute to the scoresheet once in a while too.

will1066

Your positivity is not welcomed
Oct 12, 2008
Gettinger's goal song is "it's getting it's getting it's getting kinda hectic" from Snap's The Power. Too bad Gettinger won't score a goal.

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
Gettinger was fine. Played about 7 minutes had 3 shots on goal, 4 hits and a block. Couldn't ask for much more from anyone in that limited amount of ice time. He needs to be consistent using his size. IMO he'll be a 4th line type but he could be very useful if he uses his size and helps out on the PK. I think he has enough skill where he contribute to the scoresheet once in a while too.
The skill that you see flashes of is what had me hoping initially he could put it together and become a legitimate third line player who could score 15. He just can't do it enough, can't think quickly enough.

They need him to just work with Kreider on body positioning in front of the cage and deflections. He could be incredibly useful there. PP2, just stick him there and let everyone shoot.

Oscar Lindberg

Dec 14, 2015
CA
They need him to just work with Kreider on body positioning in front of the cage and deflections. He could be incredibly useful there. PP2, just stick him there and let everyone shoot.
When I watched the 3rd period last night, the one noticeable shift I saw for the fourth line he was just camped in front of the net.

I thought it was a bit weird because he probably could have helped McKegg and Smith cycle the puck to keep possession, but I would like to see him learn about that part of his game from Kreider

Reactions: nyr2k2

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
When I watched the 3rd period last night, the one noticeable shift I saw for the fourth line he was just camped in front of the net.

I thought it was a bit weird because he probably could have helped McKegg and Smith cycle the puck to keep possession, but I would like to see him learn about that part of his game from Kreider
Yeah I mentioned when he was called up that his net-front game was unrefined. It's like he knows he's huge and can be a big asset there, but doesn't really have any idea what he is supposed to do.

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
But that's fine. Gettinger is a AAAA player with a 4th line upside. I'd rather use him in that role. Who else are we calling up to play 5-10 minutes a night?
Vinny has been called up numerous times and a small amount of ice time seems to not fair well with him. Gettinger FWIW, probably brings more to the table with his size alone. If there is no room for Vinny on our decent PP (even w/o Mika) then what good purpose would he fill? Probably better defensively than Vinny as well.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad