Liam O'Brien signs 3 year ELC

Blades of Steel

log off.
Dec 10, 2009
Virginia
Trotz has said and done everything we could ask for. He is firm yet fair, he backs his boys, he instills confidence and direction, he holds guys accountable, he rewards players playing well, he empowers his assistants. He is the antithesis of Oates and seems to be the perfect. We're still undefeated so of course everything looks great, but something really does feel different this time. Hopefully it translates to the ice. We are due.

Couldn't have said it better myself :handclap:

Burakovsky95*

I can definitely tell why Trotz hung on forever in Nashville. Just a great dude and coach.

Jacoby4HOF66

Pull my finger
Mar 13, 2009
I too like what I've seen and heard from The Trotz so far. I hope he is the HC to finally squeeze every once of potential out of this team.

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006
Trotz has said and done everything we could ask for. He is firm yet fair, he backs his boys, he instills confidence and direction, he holds guys accountable, he rewards players playing well, he empowers his assistants. He is the antithesis of Oates and seems to be the perfect. We're still undefeated so of course everything looks great, but something really does feel different this time. Hopefully it translates to the ice. We are due.

Great points

What i also like is him introducing 2 kids into the lineup no one really predicted, Bura and LOB. I think this bodes well for us in that other prospects see that with strong play they are not going to get buried. I really feel like the toil of development plans spanning upwards of 5+ years can cause some to lose motivation.

Anything that can help our prospects development is most welcome after seeing almost no real development plan under other coaches.

Recent prospects... Orlov his agent had to threaten asking for a trade to get into the lineup. Alzner they brought him up and tried to make him an aggressive RD. MJ is moved all up and down the lineup and seems to have regressed. Kuz has been overseas far far away which may have been a wise place to develop. Schultz was fast tracked and was eventually bought out after asking for a trade. Wilson got 6 minutes a night and no time in a scoring role all year, even when the season was over. The turnstile of young goalies seems to have been settled with Holtby but their handling including the Oatsification last year was a very odd development approach.

Burakovsky95*

Do we technically have 5 rookies on our roster? (Going by Calder rules)

Kuznetsov
Burakovsky
Brown
Latta
O'Brien

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad