Liam O'Brien signs 3 year ELC

MyCapsCap

Apr 19, 2014
My man Potatoes is well deserving of that contract. Cant wait to see what the future holds for this kid.

usiel

Where wolf’s ears are, wolf’s teeth are near.
Sponsor
Jul 29, 2002
Klendathu
www.myspace.com
Congrats, kid.

tumblr_mqcm659t281ro88rpo1_500.gif

Sep 8, 2013
Toronto Nebula
So he's made the team What do you guys expect of him this year? Spot 4th line duties? Regular 4th liner? Is he just a tough guy or does he have more of an upside like Roussel for example?

usiel

Where wolf’s ears are, wolf’s teeth are near.
Sponsor
Jul 29, 2002
Klendathu
www.myspace.com
So he's made the team What do you guys expect of him this year? Spot 4th line duties? Regular 4th liner? Is he just a tough guy or does he have more of an upside like Roussel for example?

I like the upside but naturally 3rd line Ward'esque type player would be the top but definitely looking like good 4th line potential. Dig the toughness and physical nature. Needs to keep working on the footspeed will really help him.

NoLookPass

Jan 16, 2014
Looks like he's the one teams will have to answer to on the physical side if they want to do any funny business with the top guys.

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
realistically, the Caps enforcer is Ovechkin. He is far more able to engage a player that is targeting a top Caps player than any fighter. A player can decline to fight. He may not decline a legal Ovechkin body check and frankly the hit is far more likely to leave lingering damage than a fight.

strungout

Professional Killer
Jul 1, 2002
North Carolina
realistically, the Caps enforcer is Ovechkin. He is far more able to engage a player that is targeting a top Caps player than any fighter. A player can decline to fight. He may not decline a legal Ovechkin body check and frankly the hit is far more likely to leave lingering damage than a fight.
I think those days are behinds us.

NoLookPass

Jan 16, 2014
When Ovi responds to a dirty hit now its almost cringe worthy. When he jumped on Stall after his high hit on Carlson he jsut grabbed his head and squeezed it, and took him down.

NobodyBeatsTheWiz

Happy now?
Jun 26, 2004
The Burbs
When Ovi responds to a dirty hit now its almost cringe worthy. When he jumped on Stall after his high hit on Carlson he jsut grabbed his head and squeezed it, and took him down.
What's cringeworthy about that? The last thing we want is Ovi dropping the gloves and breaking a knuckle. Gimme tackles, facewashes, takedowns, etc. from him every time.

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006
Cringeworthy :laugh:

Good thing you are not the coach.

Best thing for Ovi to do is confront, lead the team, and simply not drop the gloves. Give the guy a face wash. Headlock. Wait for the troops if things need to get nasty.

I love seeing Ovi lead this team. Let's face it. He has to put this team on his back, and lead us to the promised land, one way or another. And he can do so by doing more than scoring goals, which appears he may well get back to doing this year.

It shouldn't be so weird having an experienced coach in place, but here we are.

#George

ChibiPooky

Yay hockey!
May 25, 2011
Fairfax, VA
Honestly I was extremely pleased to see Ovechkin going after Staal immediately after that high hit. He didn't have to drop the gloves to send the message. And it goaded Staal into a penalty later in the game.

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006
Honestly I was extremely pleased to see Ovechkin going after Staal immediately after that high hit. He didn't have to drop the gloves to send the message. And it goaded Staal into a penalty later in the game.

The benefit of Ovi doing these things, are endless. Often, a penalty will only be called when the players react. Or, the player about to be attacked panics and commits another minor. Later in the game, knows he is going to get whacked, and stops thinking about hockey. Coughs up the puck.

If Ovi shows the team "I am not going to put up with his punk ass antics" the others are forced to follow. Eventually, others do it without Ovi having to do it first.

It's how proper teams are formed. One for all and all for one. Players support each other, in every way. Then someone that never hits, may feel like he has enough support to do so.

And then we become one of those teams, that is hard to play against.

Trotz is awesome. We kill that penalty off all day.

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
The benefit of Ovi doing these things, are endless. Often, a penalty will only be called when the players react. Or, the player about to be attacked panics and commits another minor. Later in the game, knows he is going to get whacked, and stops thinking about hockey. Coughs up the puck.

If Ovi shows the team "I am not going to put up with his punk ass antics" the others are forced to follow. Eventually, others do it without Ovi having to do it first.

It's how proper teams are formed. One for all and all for one. Players support each other, in every way. Then someone that never hits, may feel like he has enough support to do so.

And then we become one of those teams, that is hard to play against.

Trotz is awesome. We kill that penalty off all day.

Trotz has said and done everything we could ask for. He is firm yet fair, he backs his boys, he instills confidence and direction, he holds guys accountable, he rewards players playing well, he empowers his assistants. He is the antithesis of Oates and seems to be the perfect. We're still undefeated so of course everything looks great, but something really does feel different this time. Hopefully it translates to the ice. We are due.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad