Confirmed with Link: LHD Brian Doumoulin signed (2yers at 3.15M AAV)

The Marquis

Aug 24, 2020
Washougal, WA
Brian Dumoulin is one of my favorite players in my 30+ years of watching the Penguins.

He is absolutely shot. He was a player who largely was great because of physical abilities and his IQ. His physical abilities are shot and he seems to not be able to make up for it physically anymore.

I said the same thing about Justin Schultz tho’ and you guys got a decent year outta him.

Exactly why I compared him to Schultz. Same age, same sort of history, and both were dismissed as being “done” just before the Kraken signed them. I’m ok with this largely because it’s a much lesser role than top pair minute eater with Letang.

Fuhrious

Feb 3, 2004
Cant say I love the move, for reasons everyone's already mentioned. I guess this kind of hints at GMRF's expectation for Evans next season?

Sad People

Jun 4, 2021
Evans is still super young. He’s close, and maybe he gets called up for some time this year. I’d like to see it.
Agreed. I think this shows he will spend atleast 1 more year in the AHL with the occasional injury call up to get his feet wet in the NHL a bit and get an idea of what to expect at the next level.

GrungeHockey

Sep 14, 2021
I always thought Soucy was over rated so I'm not surprised they didn't meet his dollar ask or term. This is a temp move but I'm also hoping that maybe we are in the discussions on Pesce, A trade and sign for him would solidify this D.

If not, we are looking like a team ready to take a step backwards before a leap forwards.

Fistfullofbeer

May 9, 2011
Whidbey Island, WA
I always thought Soucy was over rated so I'm not surprised they didn't meet his dollar ask or term. This is a temp move but I'm also hoping that maybe we are in the discussions on Pesce, A trade and sign for him would solidify this D.

If not, we are looking like a team ready to take a step backwards before a leap forwards.
I agree with that. Which is why I was fine with the Dumoulin move. Soucy had 143 hits last season to Dumolin's 123 but Dumo is a better all round player and should fit well since he will not be playing in that top-pairing role on the Kraken.

Reactions: GrungeHockey

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad