Letterkenny Ending After Season 12

BostonBob

4 Ever The Greatest
Jan 26, 2004
Vancouver, BC
from bellmedia.ca:

LetterkennyS12_TEASE_1920x1080.jpg

TORONTO (November 2, 2023) – ♫ On the twelfth day of Christmas, Crave gave to me…the LETTERKENNY series finale ♫

After 75 episodes and eight specials, and amassing 12 Canadian Screen Awards, international critical acclaim, a U.S. streaming deal with Hulu, high-profile brand extensions, some beauty celebrity fans, and an official spinoff, Crave’s award-winning original series LETTERKENNY drops its twelfth and final season, on Monday, December 25. The iconic Canadian series is created by, and stars, Jared Keeso, and is produced by New Metric Media in association with Play Fun Games and Crave.

“LETTERKENNY is a pop culture, Canadian TV phenomenon, and while we’re sad to see Wayne and his buds leave our screens, we’re excited that the laughs and ass-kicking live on with Crave fan-favourite, SHORESY,” said Justin Stockman, Vice President, Content Development & Programming, Bell Media. “Thank you to Jared Keeso, and our partners at New Metric Media and Play Fun Games, for bringing Crave audiences into the wickedly funny, small-town Canadian world of LETTERKENNY over 12 seasons.”

As Crave’s first-ever original series, LETTERKENNY premiered in 2016 as a breakout hit and quickly solidified a loyal fanbase. The series continues to be a top-performer on Crave, and, overall, is the most-streamed Canadian show on the platform for the past several years. The series is based on the internet sensation Letterkenny Problems, a five-part series of shorts, which to date has garnered more than 21 million views.

In Season 12, the small town contends with a comedy night at Modean’s, a country music hit, the Degens’ bad influence, a new nightclub, and an encore at the Ag Hall. And that’s just for starters.

Reactions: Randy Butternubs

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
I've not really enjoyed the last few seasons but goddamn those first seasons were amazing.

In the same boat.....been a while since I've checked in, I can't even remember whether or not I finished the LAST season because I just grew tired of it.

Those first few seasons were incredible though......I still miss Devon. :laugh:

Nakatomi

Dec 26, 2022
If someone only wants peak Letterkenny, when should they stop? After season 3?

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
If someone only wants peak Letterkenny, when should they stop? After season 3?

After the National Senior Mens Hockey tournament. It declined after that IMO.

Had a really nice run with some good hits of gold, but it's been time to wrap it up. That being said Shoresy has been a nice spinoff and great segue to build on.

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
I'm with all of you who think it's past due. Enjoyed the hell out of the first seasons but it got a bit stale after a bit. I think season 7 is when the decline really starts to get noticeable and since season 9 it's incredibly hit and miss.

Bonnie McMurray, Rosie, Dax, Ron, and the love interests (sans Tanis) getting more screentime has resulted in a less enjoyable experience for me.

Reactions: Pizza!Pizza!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad