Letter to Fellow Panther Fans

PantherWhaler

Oct 14, 2014
WAIT HOLD the phone .... I thought i was the only panther fan that was a former whaler fan?!??!?!? ****!!!:rant:

I have thought the same thing as I have noticed a few Whaler fans are now Panther fans.....I have seen Whaler jerseys at most of the games..pretty cool:yo:

PantherWhaler

Oct 14, 2014
it pisses me off that people don't attend games. i mean, people who writes on GDT who lives in So.Fla, just get yo ***** to the game plz. if i was living somewhat near the area i wouldn't even dare posting **** during games.

you don't understand how lucky you are.. man, i live tons of miles away from from the florida panthers and right now i'm trying to save money to go to Fort Lauderdale with my gf in late mars/early april to catch some games. it's not cheap either. AT ALL. hotel, flighttickets, gametickets, food etcetc cost a fortune. i don't even think i'll have time to save that money but i'm doing the best i can right now.
but as i said. you don't know how lucky you are that you have the panthers near you. plz start attending games, bring your family, talk to your friends, spread the word. WE can save the franschise if we start going to the games. i know it's not much but for 3-4 games me and my gf will be there even tho we literally lives on the other side of the world. people who lives just a couple of miles away just go, plz just go.

I commend your efforts to go to games...and you hit exactly on the point I was trying to make....support the team by going to the games(if you can) so you can try and shutup all this attendance and relocation talk. Otherwise do not complain about those people who talk about these issues; you are contributing to the problem....

IM Clutcm

Jun 20, 2014
Miami, FL
I've been at every game so far this year, preseason included, and I'll continue to show up. I love the Cats and will do anything I can to keep them in South Florida. But I'll be honest, the arena is just dead most games. It's really frustrating as a fan. I'm not a rah-rah guy so I'm not going to be the one to lead any chants, but it would be nice to have a section that can provide some energy. Even last year, there was some energy and people seemed excited during the games. You can hear the players and coaches yelling on the ice it's so quiet. I don't know how they can fix that other than winning, which will get more people in the arena.

Big Bjugs

Amat Victoria Curam
Jan 9, 2013
Canada Eh
I think a lot of people are treating this too much like a business rather than a sport. Yes you're upset about the team losing but not supporting them is what will eventually kill any glimmer of hope of this franchise staying.

This is not the situation where you use your wallets to show how angry you are. This team needs its fans more than ever. No matter where you're from. Being in BC I try my best by buying **** off the team store and Center Ice, though I'm not sure if the Panthers see any of that Center Ice money.

It's not like new ownership doesn't get the point that things need to change. I could see if they had a different attitude but VV and Cifu have not given any intention of wanting to relocate.

ShootIt

Nov 8, 2008
It's hard for me to attend any weekday games with work. Staying at work till 6-6:30pm, up in Jupiter, makes it tough to make it in time for a game at 7:30.

Big Bjugs

Amat Victoria Curam
Jan 9, 2013
Canada Eh
It's hard for me to attend any weekday games with work. Staying at work till 6-6:30pm, up in Jupiter, makes it tough to make it in time for a game at 7:30.

I'm not talking about fans like you who have a reasonable reaosn, I'm talking about the one's who won't show support unless they start winning, which may be too late.

EnforceTheLaus

In the Year of Our Hatter
Nov 3, 2013
If was still in S.Fla I would definitely go every game I could. At the same time I'm not blaming local fans after being put through the ringer for nearly a decade and a half by the team and the management.

Big Bjugs

Amat Victoria Curam
Jan 9, 2013
Canada Eh
Previous ownership doesn't matter. It's about keeping the team in Florida now. Bottom line. From management to the fans, all the negative crap needs to be left behind.

EnforceTheLaus

In the Year of Our Hatter
Nov 3, 2013
Previous ownership doesn't matter. It's about keeping the team in Florida now. Bottom line. From management to the fans, all the negative crap needs to be left behind.

Reading around from all the people "in the know" I don't think relocation is a danger. More interesting though is this bit from Friedman's 30,

"e summer, there was a rumour the Panthers ideally would like to move into American Airlines Arena with the NBA Heat. No idea if that even works for hockey, but the premise was shot down"

Which is interesting enough. Could that be a long term goal?

iam76

Sep 30, 2011
Connecticut
I have thought the same thing as I have noticed a few Whaler fans are now Panther fans.....I have seen Whaler jerseys at most of the games..pretty cool:yo:

i sport mine when i go to bruin cats or ranger cats games up here... im usually one of 4 at those games wearing a cats jersey

FlaPnthrsPunk

Apr 17, 2006
Coral Springs, FL
I'm a season seat owner and I try to get to every game. Obviously, work and family life sometimes interfere and if that's the case, I make sure someone is sitting in my seats whether I give my tickets to friends and family or sell them.

However, I can completely understand why many people including those who are fans do not make an effort to attend more games. For those who aren't familiar with the South Florida area, it is HUGE. It can take sometimes two hours or more with traffic for people who live in Northern Palm Beach County or South Miami-Dade to get to Sunrise during the week after work. There's no transportation system unless you're in Downtown Miami and riding a bus can take forever to get there. You pretty much have to drive. Hence, why many people watch the games on TV.

As for casual bandwagon fans not going, I can completely understand why they have no interest right now either. I've had this discussion with friends and family over the last few days. The team has literally sucked for fourteen of the last fifteen years. Unless you love the sport of hockey, what have the Panthers done to attract you to the arena lately? Most people I speak to say "If they were in the playoffs, I'd watch them, but now I couldn't care less." They could watch a successful team like the Heat and be happy as a fan or endure the wonderful weather we have most of the year, it's a more viable option.

Winning is the only element that will bring the fans in as we've seen with every team down here. Marketing gimmicks that Yormark tried for years has shown that it doesn't help. This team needs to win and they need to win as much as possible now.

I am not exposed

Mar 16, 2014
Vancouver
I think a lot of people are treating this too much like a business rather than a sport. Yes you're upset about the team losing but not supporting them is what will eventually kill any glimmer of hope of this franchise staying.

This is not the situation where you use your wallets to show how angry you are. This team needs its fans more than ever. No matter where you're from. Being in BC I try my best by buying **** off the team store and Gamecentre, though I'm not sure if the Panthers see any of that Gamecentre money.

It's not like new ownership doesn't get the point that things need to change. I could see if they had a different attitude but VV and Cifu have not given any intention of wanting to relocate.

This. I'll also be visiting Florida this November. Looks like I'll be going to either the Ottawa or Carolina. Hopefully both, if I can persuade the fiancé!

I also will buy tickets for the game in Vancouver, even though they are a fortune. And yeah I know it doesn't help the Panthers buying tickets in Vancouver. But the last game I went, there were a few Panther fans which must have been nice for the players.

CanadianPantherFan

Cats are Here!
Jun 6, 2004
Calgary
it pisses me off that people don't attend games. i mean, people who writes on GDT who lives in So.Fla, just get yo ***** to the game plz. if i was living somewhat near the area i wouldn't even dare posting **** during games.

you don't understand how lucky you are.. man, i live tons of miles away from from the florida panthers and right now i'm trying to save money to go to Fort Lauderdale with my gf in late mars/early april to catch some games. it's not cheap either. AT ALL. hotel, flighttickets, gametickets, food etcetc cost a fortune. i don't even think i'll have time to save that money but i'm doing the best i can right now.
but as i said. you don't know how lucky you are that you have the panthers near you. plz start attending games, bring your family, talk to your friends, spread the word. WE can save the franschise if we start going to the games. i know it's not much but for 3-4 games me and my gf will be there even tho we literally lives on the other side of the world. people who lives just a couple of miles away just go, plz just go.

These are two posts I totally agree on. I live in Finland and thus I don't even have the chance to attend Panthers games on a regular basis. I understand that not everyone can afford going to games financially but I just don't understand people who call themselves fans and won't go to games because the team is playing below expectations or even plain sucks. If you cheer for your team only when the team is winning and playing well, I categorize you as a glory hunter. We as fans have chosen to be Panthers fans. It's not like the Panthers have made us choose them as "our team". So why do yoy call yourself a fan if you're not ready and willing to stand by your team even through the darkest of days and lowest lows? Because if you (and we) don't, we most likely won't be seeing the better days because no team can last forever with these attendance rates. Just like PantherWhaler and flapanthersfan said, you have to support the team NOW.

I like to think that being a true fan of a team is a lot like being in a relationship. If your partner gets seriously ill or is having a very bad phase in life in some other way, do you seriously think that abandoning him/her helps in any way? If you love your team or your partner you stand by him/her until the end. It's too late to cry and start "caring" when the team is already gone or leaving. Attending games doesn't guarantee success at least right away but not attending and supporting pretty much guarantees that the fun will end sooner or later.

I say again, I don't have the priviledge to attend NHL/Panther games on a regular basis. I pay my money to be able to watch the games with Viaplay. I'd be unbelievably happy to be able to go watch Panthers games live reagularly and support my team as much as I can. I don't know if people in Florida just take their own local team as granted or simply don't care enough. All I know is that I'm frustrated all the way here in Finland about this situation and it shouldn't even matter to me because I can only watch games online. It shouldn't be that big of a difference whether we are the Florida Panthers or Seattle Panthers BUT IT IS! This team has been my one and only team in the NHL since I first played with Florida Panthers in NHL 94 and fell in love with the logo. I would be incredibly mad if the team would be relocated.

Casual "fans" who attend games just to watch hockey are a different story. This post is directed to people who call themselves true Panthers fans. These are all my opinions and feel free to disagree.

-L-

I hear both sides. Out of area diehards with valid<<< comments above. But also, I feel for hardcore local fans who have been dragged through the mud a bit with past ownership, STH paying top dollar vs free ticket guy sitting two seats to the right of them.

The people I don't feel for in this situation are the LOCAL fair weather fans who complain about new direction of ownership and pay less than out of area Panthers fan. Those "fans" can stick it. You stick through thick and thin with product on ice... You don't just support the team when you feel like it.

mighty Stanley Duck

Feb 1, 2011
Zagreb, Croatia
Non hockey market need good team, wins in a row at home building. Some proof that GM and his amigos are going in the right direction.

As a Duck fan, big part why our arena has decent attendance lies in our good team, Getz-Perry line...

Shame, i expected better start from Panthers, roster is ok, D is improved.
Also, i have Barkov in fantasy :D. so i hope some good things from that side.

Last edited:

CanadianPantherFan

Cats are Here!
Jun 6, 2004
Calgary
I'm a season seat owner and I try to get to every game. Obviously, work and family life sometimes interfere and if that's the case, I make sure someone is sitting in my seats whether I give my tickets to friends and family or sell them.

However, I can completely understand why many people including those who are fans do not make an effort to attend more games. For those who aren't familiar with the South Florida area, it is HUGE. It can take sometimes two hours or more with traffic for people who live in Northern Palm Beach County or South Miami-Dade to get to Sunrise during the week after work. There's no transportation system unless you're in Downtown Miami and riding a bus can take forever to get there. You pretty much have to drive. Hence, why many people watch the games on TV.

As for casual bandwagon fans not going, I can completely understand why they have no interest right now either. I've had this discussion with friends and family over the last few days. The team has literally sucked for fourteen of the last fifteen years. Unless you love the sport of hockey, what have the Panthers done to attract you to the arena lately? Most people I speak to say "If they were in the playoffs, I'd watch them, but now I couldn't care less." They could watch a successful team like the Heat and be happy as a fan or endure the wonderful weather we have most of the year, it's a more viable option.

Winning is the only element that will bring the fans in as we've seen with every team down here. Marketing gimmicks that Yormark tried for years has shown that it doesn't help. This team needs to win and they need to win as much as possible now.

Why doesn't the new ownership create a bus shuttle for Panthers games? I know Seattle Mariners did that for fans when I went there during the Griffey Jr. era. The shuttle bus drivers were engaging, and got you pumped for the game before even getting to the stadium.

This idea would bridge the disconnect middle to lower class fans have with the team and community. Have designed stops in Miami-Dade county and wherever else is needed.

I am not exposed

Mar 16, 2014
Vancouver
Why doesn't the new ownership create a bus shuttle for Panthers games? I know Seattle Mariners did that for fans when I went there during the Griffey Jr. era. The shuttle bus drivers were engaging, and got you pumped for the game before even getting to the stadium.

This idea would bridge the disconnect middle to lower class fans have with the team and community. Have designed stops in Miami-Dade county and wherever else is needed.

I thought I saw an advertisement for a bus that picks up fans advertised on Fox sports last year.

spacemanatee

May 18, 2014

i think there are going shuttles from the hilton hotel in sunrise to the BB&T center? thats the only one i know but from what i've read when i've been looking at hotels for my trip to south florida, you could might as well walk to the arena form there.

CanadianPantherFan

Cats are Here!
Jun 6, 2004
Calgary
I thought I saw an advertisement for a bus that picks up fans advertised on Fox sports last year.

That's what I thought too couple years back around jet blue time/new red's. This would infuse fans into the building who are out of Fort L. area. You put little advertisement into it. People would see the shuttle signs on road/future home dates I bet you get good results if done the right way. People would be waiting at these stops without much plan of attending games beforehand.

Shuttle runs : I mean moreso North of Miami/Miami area. The final stop or two could be closer to sunrise where fans pay small fee to jump on and get to the game. The Miami area stops could be free or low fees to start... Then eventually when the product is good on ice supply/demand is there you raise shuttle fees price OR need valid proof of ticket purchase before getting onto the shuttle. I'm not even business major, but clearly all areas of improving attendance with new ownership are not being thought over here. This "bare bones" approach of limited marketing and no freebies by new ownership is questionable at best.

Last edited:

Big Bjugs

Amat Victoria Curam
Jan 9, 2013
Canada Eh
This. I'll also be visiting Florida this November. Looks like I'll be going to either the Ottawa or Carolina. Hopefully both, if I can persuade the fiancé!

I also will buy tickets for the game in Vancouver, even though they are a fortune. And yeah I know it doesn't help the Panthers buying tickets in Vancouver. But the last game I went, there were a few Panther fans which must have been nice for the players.

Nice, I was at that game to. Hoping I can talk to wife into going again this year. It was nice listening to the Canucks fans rip their own team apart and take that 3-2 win in the shoot out.

Got nose bleeds and still cost us $350 ffs. I think that money should go to Florida, if you are wearing their jersey they get the money haha.

spacemanatee

May 18, 2014

sure you can! i'm rooting for you man. i've already persuaded my gf to travel half the freaking globe just so i can watch my beloved panthers play. i'm sure you're gonna pull it off! :handclap:

Surge101

Apr 28, 2014
South Florida
Pretty sad to see the attendance like that and the threat of the team leaving just seeming more and more realistic.

Yes, i'm a Habs fan. But I live here in South Florida and support the team.(when they aren't playing the Habs) I go to around 10 games a year and appreciate the fact that I can go see NHL hockey in my area.

Would really suck to lose hockey in South Florida. Funny, Panthers aren't even "my" team, but I want to make an effort to go to more games to try to keep hockey here. But I know how South Florida sports goes and unless there is a winning product, people will not show up.

A good portion of the attendance now is probably from opposing team's fans as well, so add that to the gloom of the current attendance numbers. I can tell you that when I go to Montreal @ Florida games that 60%+ of the center is us Montreal fans.

PSLguy

#TimeToHunt
Jan 14, 2013
Port St. Lucie, FL
I've been at every game so far this year, preseason included, and I'll continue to show up. I love the Cats and will do anything I can to keep them in South Florida. But I'll be honest, the arena is just dead most games. It's really frustrating as a fan. I'm not a rah-rah guy so I'm not going to be the one to lead any chants, but it would be nice to have a section that can provide some energy. Even last year, there was some energy and people seemed excited during the games. You can hear the players and coaches yelling on the ice it's so quiet. I don't know how they can fix that other than winning, which will get more people in the arena.

I as well have been to every game this season and for several seasons. I had half season for several years too. We travel just over 100 miles each way! Why can't some of the folks on this board make it to games from Broward or Palm Beach? I understand family obligations - I had to wait until my children were adults before I could afford even Panthers tickets. But it seems like some folks just want to complain.

The arena is very quiet during play. As stated above you can hear the players yelling to each other on the ice.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad