Line Combos: Let's vote the Season Starting Lineups! 3rd pairing Left Defenceman

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
What we have so far is:

Akader(63.9%) - Zetterberg(63.6%) - Nyquist(57.9%)
XXXXXX --------- Richards(55.9%) -- Tatar(59.3%)
XXXXXX ---------- XXXXXX -------- XXX
XXXXXX ---------- XXXXXX -------- XXX
(XXX, XXX)
(Datsyuk LTIR)

Kronwall(87.8%) --- Smith(55.3%)
DeKeyser(95.8%) -- Green(89.5%)
XXXXXXXXXXXXX --- XXX

Starter: Mrazek(67.9%)
Backup: Howard(32.1%)

Last edited:

Laser Rayzor

Cautiously Optimistic
Dec 8, 2012
The Underground
I guess we're stuck with a pairing of Big Rig and KFQ but I'm unsure of who to put on which side because IIRC both spent most of last season on the right side. So I guess I'll go with KFQ.

Edit: That's if we are being realistic about what the lineup will look like on opening night, in a perfect world we ship one of KFQ/E out and use XO or Marchy.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
Ideally I would like to trade Quincey and play Ericsson on his left with one of Marchenko/Ouellet/Jensen.

In the case of Ouellet Ericsson could still play the right side. But that is what I am hoping for so I vote Ericsson as my 3LD right here. I would like to go with Jensen on the right if it was up to me on which of the three guys to pick.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
Ideally I would like to trade Quincey and play Ericsson on his left with one of Marchenko/Ouellet/Jensen.

In the case of Ouellet Ericsson could still play the right side. But that is what I am hoping for so I vote Ericsson as my 3LD right here. I would like to go with Jensen on the right if it was up to me on which of the three guys to pick.

Yeah, I see what you're saying.

My issue with Ericsson and Ouellet/Marchenko is my biggest issue with Ericsson is speed, and neither Ouellet or Marchenko are great skaters. Actually they both could add a step, ideally.

But I do like the LH-RH factor of E with March, and then you have good size and reach between the two.

Jensen might be an ideal fit in that situation, as you said, but I can't see him getting a spot through that log jam. I don't see Quincey getting traded before the first game, at any rate, I think it would only happen as the season goes on and one of the kids is shining down in GR.

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
This is kind of funny voting. I think both Ericsson and Quincey are better on the left side, but I don't really know which one would suck less on the right side.

Voted Quincey for left side, so he can be the puck-mover. Ericsson reach works better on the right to break plays with his long stick.

SoupNazi

Serenity now. Insanity later.
Feb 6, 2010
Quincey. At this point I'd trade Big Rig and let a kid have his spot.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad