Let's vote the Season Starting Lineups! 2nd pairing Right Defenceman?

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
What we have so far is:

XXX --- Zetterberg --- Nyquist
XXX --- XXXXXXXX --- XXX
XXX --- XXXXXXXX --- XXX
XXX --- XXXXXXXX --- XXX
Datsyuk LTIR

Kronwall --- Smith
XXXXXX --- XXX
XXXXXX --- XXX

Starter: Mrazek
Backup: Howard

ProPAIN

I am the DANGER!
Nov 3, 2009
Paris
Mike Green. More than capable to handle top 4 minutes and PP. Ericsson would be able to cover him as the stay-at-home defenseman.

Laser Rayzor

Cautiously Optimistic
Dec 8, 2012
The Underground
So far we have Kronner - Smith voted in on the top pair and DD - Green are winning by considerable margins for 2nd pair. So that leaves Ericsson-KFQ as our 3rd pair, maybe its just me but I just do not like the look of that pairing. That's why I went with KFQ here and try Big E- Green on the 3rd (more like 2b pairing)

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
So far we have Kronner - Smith voted in on the top pair and DD - Green are winning by considerable margins for 2nd pair. So that leaves Ericsson-KFQ as our 3rd pair, maybe its just me but I just do not like the look of that pairing. That's why I went with KFQ here and try Big E- Green on the 3rd (more like 2b pairing)

I actually don't see an issue with that pairing. With how people talk about both, they should be able to handle the match-ups they would see no problem.

Laser Rayzor

Cautiously Optimistic
Dec 8, 2012
The Underground
I actually don't see an issue with that pairing. With how people talk about both, they should be able to handle the match-ups they would see no problem.

IDK It might work on the 3rd pairing but I'm just envisioning a train wreck where neither are able to cover for each other's brain farts and I don't have faith in that combo being able to move the puck effectively.
Now if we could move one of those two out and substitute them with either XO or Marchy then baby you've stew going.

HomersWorld

Mar 8, 2012

Ericsson - Marchenko :naughty:

If Smith really did get put on the first pairing, having Ericsson/Quincey/Kindl as your 5th/6th/7th defensemen costing like 11 million dollars would be pretty bad. I think Quincey is the easiest to move.

Also I just really like Marchenko ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
IDK It might work on the 3rd pairing but I'm just envisioning a train wreck where neither are able to cover for each other's brain farts and I don't have faith in that combo being able to move the puck effectively.
Now if we could move one of those two out and substitute them with either XO or Marchy then baby you've stew going.

Well, we're getting a 3rd pairing with brain farts alright...

On defense, Blashill appears set with his top four: Kronwall-Jonathan Ericsson and Danny DeKeyser-Green. Kyle Quincey and Brendan Smith are likely to round out the top six

Guess 1/3 ain't bad? :dunno:

http://www.mlive.com/redwings/index.ssf/2015/09/detroit_red_wings_training_cam_1.html#incart_river

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad