Line Combos: Let's vote the Season Starting Lineups! 2nd Line RW?

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
What we have so far is:

XXX --- Zetterberg(63.6%) --- Nyquist(57.9%)
XXX --- XXXXXXXX --- XXX
XXX --- XXXXXXXX --- XXX
XXX --- XXXXXXXX --- XXX
Datsyuk LTIR

Kronwall(87.8%) --- Smith(55.3%)
XXXXXXXXXXXX --- XXX
XXXXXXXXXXXX --- XXX

Starter: Mrazek (67.9%)
Backup: Howard (32.1%)

Last edited:

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
Sheahan and Helm should be options. Especially if freaking Glendening is.

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
Sheahan and Helm should be options. Especially if freaking Glendening is.

Don't remember Sheahan ever being RW. So that's not recommended. Helm has some shots stints, but more as LW. You will have both as 2nd line LW option as voting goes further.

Babcock did use Glendy during injuries there as a RW net-front/grinder, mostly because of his handness. Didn't work, but wanted to keep him as a realistic option somebody had used before.

EDIT:

2nd line LW options will be, Franzen, Tatar(excluded if he wins this RW spot) Helm, Sheahan, Jurco, Miller, Andersson, Cleary :)

Hopefully this makes RW-voting easier.

Last edited:

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
Don't remember Sheahan ever being RW. So that's not recommended. Helm has some shots stints, but more as LW. You will have both as 2nd line LW option as voting goes further.

Babcock did use Glendy during injuries there as a RW net-front/grinder, mostly because of his handness. Didn't work, but wanted to keep him as a realistic option somebody had used before.

99% sure that the Tatar-Datsyuk-Helm line, that was our most used 2nd line, featured Tatar at LW and Helm at RW last year.

Also since Tatar prefers the left side (not sure why he is in this poll),I would imagine if Sheahan is used at wing (like Blashill is talking about), there is at least a decent shot it would be at RW, considering we have predominately RW's.

So, I'd have to disagree.

If you want to say Helm is more of a LW, you could say the same for both Franzen and Miller..... And about 90% of our team lol.

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
99% sure that the Tatar-Datsyuk-Helm line, that was our most used 2nd line, featured Tatar at LW and Helm at RW last year.

You have already forgotten, how Miller was 90% RW at last season? :)

Ansar Khan did mess with those winger sides on his Twitter posts, in real games I watched Helm was LW and Tatar RW, when together with Datsyuk. I have my own notes for these and they are 100% correct because I trust on my own eyes. :)

This kind of mixtures was found from my last season notes:
Tatar - Datsyuk - Glendening
Tatar - Datsyuk - Cole
Helm - Datsyuk - Tatar
Nyquist - Sheahan - Tatar
Jurco - Helm - Tatar
Jurco - Datsyuk - Tatar

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
You have already forgotten, how Miller was 90% RW at last season? :)

Ansar Khan did mess with those winger sides on his Twitter posts, in real games I watched Helm was LW and Tatar RW, when together with Datsyuk. I have my own notes for these and they are 100% correct because I trust on my own eyes. :)

This kind of mixtures was found from my last season notes:
Tatar - Datsyuk - Glendening
Tatar - Datsyuk - Cole
Helm - Datsyuk - Tatar
Nyquist - Sheahan - Tatar
Jurco - Helm - Tatar
Jurco - Datsyuk - Tatar

Maybe I'm thinking of the year prior, where Tatar was pretty much exclusively a LW. And I swear I remember Helm making a lot of rushes on the right side of the ice last year?

Anyhow, my point is the same, our team is predominately made up of LW's who are forced to play RW at some point, so I think we should have some better options when talking about our top 6.

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
Maybe it would have been easier to vote both wingers with 2 multiple options at same voting... so the side wouldn't matter. Because in real life it doesn't matter as much because they will switch those sides during a shift. Like you said, you have seen Helm coming from right side, and you are absolutely right on that thing. These are more of starting positions.

Let's go that way next year. :)

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
Maybe it would have been easier to vote both wingers with 2 multiple options at same voting... so the side wouldn't matter. Because in real life it doesn't matter as much because they will switch those sides during a shift. Like you said, you have seen Helm coming from right side, and you are absolutely right on that thing. These are more of starting positions.

Let's go that way next year. :)

That works... when you have that USA flag in your profile ;)

Tatar Shots

Feb 2, 2014

Also since Tatar prefers the left side (not sure why he is in this poll),I would imagine if Sheahan is used at wing (like Blashill is talking about), there is at least a decent shot it would be at RW, considering we have predominately RW's.

So, I'd have to disagree.

If you want to say Helm is more of a LW, you could say the same for both Franzen and Miller..... And about 90% of our team lol.

Tatar played RW when he was with Datsyuk and Helm. He has stated that he prefers the left side and he scored at a higher rate as a LW last year than a RW. I would prefer if he went back to playing LW this year so I won't vote for him here. To me the second line RW is a position we really need someone to step up and fill.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
Tatar played RW when he was with Datsyuk and Helm. He has stated that he prefers the left side and he scored at a higher rate as a LW last year than a RW. I would prefer if he went back to playing LW this year so I won't vote for him here. To me the second line RW is a position we really need someone to step up and fill.

Yeah, you and Henkka are right. I was thinking of all the GDT's I made last year based on Khan's tweets I think, coupled with the fact that the previous year he played only as a LW.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad