Line Combos: Let's vote the Season Starting Lines! 3rd line Center?

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
What we have so far is:

Akader(63.9%) - Zetterberg(63.6%) - Nyquist(57.9%)
XXXXXX --------- Richards(55.9%) --- Tatar(59.3%)
XXXXXX ---------- XXXXXX -------- XXX
XXXXXX ---------- XXXXXX -------- XXX
(XXX, XXX)
(Datsyuk LTIR)

Kronwall(87.8%) --- Smith(55.3%)
DeKeyser(95.8%) -- Green(89.5%)
XXXXXXXXXXXXX --- XXX

Starter: Mrazek(67.9%)
Backup: Howard(32.1%)

PullHard

Jul 18, 2007
Helm at his wing?

Helm in a full body cast

No but seriously, Helm would be an awesome fit for 3C, but with Sheahan's size I give him that spot. And not only that, but Helm showed last season he could help out all over, as he played reasonably well (I was impressed, but I know there were some vocal critics on here so I will keep my enthusiasm in check) on a line with Datsyuk and Tatar. He is better utilized helping out up and down the line up with his speed IMO. Sheahan needs to be considered a C as I feel like he will be one for this team for a long time, so the more time he spends there the better.

edit: I should note that I voted Sheahan for 2C prior to this poll, so maybe I am higher on him than most

Last edited:

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
Helm in a full body cast

No but seriously, Helm would be an awesome fit for 3C, but with Sheahan's size I give him that spot. And not only that, but Helm showed last season he could help out all over, as he played reasonably well (I was impressed, but I know there were some vocal critics on here so I will keep my enthusiasm in check) on a line with Datsyuk and Tatar. He is better utilized helping out up and down the line up with his speed IMO. Sheahan needs to be considered a C as I feel like he will be one for this team for a long time, so the more time he spends there the better.

edit: I should note that I voted Sheahan for 2C prior to this poll, so maybe I am higher on him than most

This is a good explanation. I'm no in any disagreement, I just wonder if Sheahan is going to lock down the center position, which he probably should, then you need to do something with Helm. And I'm not a huge fan of Helm in the top 6. I am a big fan of Helm on the 3rd line, though.

Call me old fashioned, but putting both Helm and Abby in the top 6, ehhhh. I'd like guys with a little more offensive upside to their game occupying those larger minutes.

PullHard

Jul 18, 2007
This is a good explanation. I'm no in any disagreement, I just wonder if Sheahan is going to lock down the center position, which he probably should, then you need to do something with Helm. And I'm not a huge fan of Helm in the top 6. I am a big fan of Helm on the 3rd line, though.

Call me old fashioned, but putting both Helm and Abby in the top 6, ehhhh. I'd like guys with a little more offensive upside to their game occupying those larger minutes.

I am in the same boat as you, I would prefer a more naturally skilled guy rather than a guy more suited to puck retrieval, especially with Datsyuk missing the first bit of the season, but maybe this year guys like Helm, Jurco, and Pulkkinen all get looks all over the top 9/12 while Jurco and Pulkkinen continue getting better as pros? It is kind of a weird transition year in that sense. I think those guys will lock down those top 6/9 roles in time, but for now Helm helps add depth and competitiveness to that group of "Fs without homes" so to speak. I guess we have to see what Blash does, but that is my take on it right now.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad