Let's showcase our UFA's

Butane Fan

Jan 29, 2013
Cowtown
Since we are out we should dress our UFA's to see if we can get a bite or two before the draft. We can always use a pick or two more. Not saying this full dive but if guys are hurt or sore lets put some players in and let them show what they can or cannot do. With the cap going down some of lesser lights might actually have some value to a team out there.
This next year thing is really getting old. But I been around since the Boys on the Bus days.

rockinghockey

Oct 22, 2008
You don't get draft picks for bottom of the line players, when will fans realize that. If Hall or someone was going to be a UFA then yes, but not players like Whitney, Jones, and Khabi. Wake up fans it doesn't happen to average NHL players.

McDNicks17

Jul 1, 2010
Ontario
I'd rather send the UFAs home than showcase them.

Jones and Whitney have been a waste of a roster spot for awhile now.

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus
I'd rather send the UFAs home than showcase them.

Jones and Whitney have been a waste of a roster spot for awhile now.

I do not understand the concept or theory behind this thread. TOP UFAs got only a 4th or 5th round pick to allow the other team to negotiate early. if the OP is thinking we could get better then that for ours--I will politely suggest the person is wrong and does not understand the basic concepts of the value of out soon to be UFAS

out UFAs are

Sutton who will retire
Jones--who would be a 4th liner on a good team
Smithson-- until we traded for him--who knew who he was (honestly)
Whitney-- Too many question marks about his play
Habby-- if he had value we would have gotten something at the deadline for him
Hordichuck-- is barely playing in the AHL
Yan Denis- May resign to keep his back up role on the farm
VanDevelde-- Will be the first of a long line of prospects we will let go
TAnner House--Career AHL
GArrettt Stafford- Career AHler

most of these guys will be gone due to the fact we have already signed guys to replace them under the 50 contract limit

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad