Let's get this out of the way...

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
Who are the Top-10 most NHL-ready prospects among those eligible for the 2011 NHL Entry Draft?

In looking at the head shots from the top prospect gales and some of the interviews floating around YouTube, this seems like a draft with overwhelmingly physically immature players. Landeskog looks like he could hang. Larsson probably could. Guys like Strome and Couturier, though, look like twerpy teenage boys. Like Kyle Turris did. Maybe not quite as thin, but equally childish in appearance. Of course there are a couple of beasts like McNeill and Jenner but mostly skinny little guys like Bartschi or RNH.

FrozenJagrt

Dec 16, 2009
Oleksiak could probably step in right away just because of his freakish stature. Obviously his game needs work, but a 6'7, 240 pound teenager likely wouldn't get pushed around too much.

Tim Vezina Thomas

Jun 4, 2009
Oleksiak could probably step in right away just because of his freakish stature. Obviously his game needs work, but a 6'7, 240 pound teenager likely wouldn't get pushed around too much.

Boris Valabik playing in the AHL says hello.

Just because you're big doesn't mean youre NHL ready. Give the kid time, looks like a stud.

RECsGuy*

What about Huberdeau? Kid seems to be rising quickly. Button has him going to COL.

R S

Sep 18, 2006

The kid is a "project" for a reason.

boredmale

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2005
1. Landeskog
2. Couturier
3. Larsson

Or some order of those 3 guys. It should be noted all 3 are late 1992 birthdays. I only put Larsson last because the first 2 I can see making more of an impact, whereas Larsson will most likely be better off being a 4th/5th defenseman in his first year(see Hedman who I still think can be a star player)

Bjorn Le

Hobocop
May 17, 2010
Martinaise, Revachol
Nobodys done a top 10 list yet...

1A. Adam Larsson D
1B. Gabriel Landeskog W
3. Sean Couturier C
4. Ryan Strome C
5. Mika Zibanejad C
6. Duncan Siemens D
7A. Ryan Murphy D
7B. Dougie Hamilton D
9. Jonathan Huburdeau LW/C
10. Joel Armia RW

I don't think any out of my top 4 have a shot at the NHL though beyond a surprise. Theres other safe picks, but they all need to work on their overall game so I don't have them here.

Jepprey

Creeper
May 25, 2006
I feel that Landeskog is the the most ready of the bunch.
Then we have Larsson who is already playing with a bunch of men and still impressed enough to be ranked so high..
Depending how Couturier looks with his skating ability, he may be ready by training camp if need be.
Dougie Hamilton also looks like he can make the jump and be an impact.

I see those four as the MOST NHL ready of the top dogs.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad