Letang Appreciation Thread: Is It Safe Now?

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006
Did MJ ever have any quotes like that about specific players? He always gave me the impression of being a coach who only sees Xs and Os on a dry erase board and doesn't take the human factor into the equation.

You have to be able to understand and coach individual players as well as team systems.

IcedCapp

Aug 7, 2009
Yeah.. Sully's analysis is 100% spot on. Now can he coach it? That is a different monster. If he can, then we are going to laugh at the times we wanted to move him.

IF he can, the contract is going to be a ****ing steal.

EVGENIMERLIN

Jun 29, 2009
Los Angeles, CA
IF he can, the contract is going to be a ****ing steal.

Great point. I also wonder how much impact J Martin is having on him this season. Perhaps the tutelage of the two combined is helping unleash Letang. If he can stay healthy and elevate his game to that next level, look out NHL

Speaking Moistly

What a terrible image.
Feb 19, 2013
Injured Reserve
Great point. I also wonder how much impact J Martin is having on him this season. Perhaps the tutelage of the two combined is helping unleash Letang. If he can stay healthy and elevate his game to that next level, look out NHL

That's what gets him every time he's playing at a high level and is probably why we'll never see a full season of it. He gets to a high level and then gets injured and injured again, at some point his quality of play will drop and have to rebound. It's his pattern. It's a shame, it really is.

Penguinator

Kesselator
Sep 17, 2014
Space
Yeah.. Sully's analysis is 100% spot on. Now can he coach it? That is a different monster. If he can, then we are going to laugh at the times we wanted to move him.

So far he's proven that what he said translated to reality as opposed to MJ. Looks like we got the right guy that can translate theory to practice by ways of a better coaching skills set. Sully comes out as a good communicator. This guy has been good to some guys confidence & adaptability (gel!).

euro

Feb 13, 2013
Nice to see letang getting good word from pittsburg fan, i think very few people realised how good he really his. I was listening to an interview today of david perron and he was asked " wich player impress you the most in your Time in pittsburg" and he said that it might sound a bit suprising but the one that really blew his mind was Letang, he sais he did not know kris was that good !

Darth Vitale

Dark Matter
Aug 21, 2003
Darkness
tumblr_n6od3dX2Bm1rawb5do1_500.jpg

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
For me, it's mainly about health. If Tanger could be counted on to play at least 75 games per season, then his contract and him being seen as the #1 guy on the blueline will be worth it. My concern is he'll miss over 20 games per year and leave this team without a #1 for too many games.

66-30-33

Jan 24, 2006
Victoria, BC

He would be a top 5, perhaps top 3 Dman instead of top 10.

Giskard

Jun 20, 2008
Alps
For me, it's mainly about health. If Tanger could be counted on to play at least 75 games per season, then his contract and him being seen as the #1 guy on the blueline will be worth it. My concern is he'll miss over 20 games per year and leave this team without a #1 for too many games.
He is now the number #1 target from the opposite teams, lately he always get some weird scary hits, he must start to try avoid to put himself in such vulnerable positions.

The Old Master

come and take it.
Sep 27, 2004
burgh
He is now the number #1 target from the opposite teams, lately he always get some weird scary hits, he must start to try avoid to put himself in such vulnerable positions.

we need a big smooth skating defense man with a mean streak to pair with him...wonder where we could get one?

MtlPenFan

Apr 14, 2010
The Toronto game was rock bottom for him, then something happened and he's done a complete 180. I'm enjoying the crow right now. Very crispy yet tender at the same time

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad