Proposal: Let us make 2015-16 the year of no GDTs

SchultzSquared*

A simple proposal... it is obvious we are not going to see competitive team next season... so if a billionaire can not care enough about this team to make a good one until the doors to his shiny new arena open why should we???

As the last nine (yes NINE Craig) years have dragged out it has meant:

-more trolls in our GDTs
-GDTs of bickering just to fill pages and "talk" about the "games"
-General stress for moderators and posters alike

I propose we just have a "Game Discussion Thread"... with a new one made each time we hit 1,000 posts.. it will contain all posts about all the games... any users who make GDTs will see it moved there and if people want they can make a GDT post to separate that stream of discussion from the last... but it is time we showed our malaise is as great as that of ownersship... and will hopefully stop outside posters from causing trouble and us from fighting and bickering.

Let us make 2015-16 the year of no GDTs... and show HF at least that we have had enough and will pull out the stops only when management does

PaPaDee

5-14-6-1
Sep 21, 2005
Saskazoo
A simple proposal... it is obvious we are not going to see competitive team next season... so if a billionaire can not care enough about this team to make a good one until the doors to his shiny new arena open why should we???

-more trolls in our GDTs

I propose we just have a "Game Discussion Thread"... with a new one made each time we hit 1,000 posts.. it will contain all posts about all the games... any users who make GDTs will see it moved there and if people want they can make a GDT post to separate that stream of discussion from the last... but it is time we showed our malaise is as great as that of ownersship

Let us make 2015-16 the year of no GDTs... and show HF at least that we have had enough and will pull out the stops only when management does

And this will have an impact how? I'm all for pushing forward some type of change, but this doesn't do anything of the sort.

Should rather have some rallies or protests outside of the Oiler offices and get media coverage.

BoldNewLettuce

Esquire
Dec 21, 2008
Canada
f067e0dd.gif

Soli

Supervision Required
Sep 8, 2005
No. We're not going to be the team forum that doesn't have GDTs.

---

But to add to the dialogue... We've seen some amazing GDTs this year, why would you want to take those away from us. :D

syz

[1, 5, 6, 14]
Jul 13, 2007
The GDTs are as close as the Edmonton Oilers get to trying.

GretzkytoKurri9917

"LIVE LONG AND PROSPER"
Oct 6, 2008
Gotham City
Many Fans just need to take a break and accept the fact that the Oilers won't be a playoff team for sometime.

Mactavish truly doesn't give a **** about the Fans being upset,because he's got his own agenda.

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus

-more trolls in our GDTs

I propose we just have a "Game Discussion Thread"... with a new one made each time we hit 1,000 posts.. it will contain all posts about all the games... any users who make GDTs will see it moved there and if people want they can make a GDT post to separate that stream of discussion from the last... but it is time we showed our malaise is as great as that of ownersship... and will hopefully stop outside posters from causing trouble and us from fighting and bickering.

silly silly idea

Tarus

Jun 22, 2006
Edmonton
Better idea - stop going to games entirely

No one gives a **** about GDTs on a forum, an empty arena would do wonders however.

Listening to the callers on the radio though, too many dumb people out there in the world to recognize the significance and impact of supporting a terrible product run by egomaniacs.

Last edited by a moderator:

oilers83

Feb 14, 2008

-more trolls in our GDTs

This is almost as bad as your proposals on the trade forum. We got a bunch of talented people who, by my account, enjoy doing them

Aerrol

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Sep 18, 2014
Absolutely not. The GDT's were the only thing entertaining about the team this year.

Pretty much this. As long as our talented posters continue to want to make glorious GDTs (hooray for 488fitter!), I'm going to keep enjoying them. The GDTs and the occasional pretty goal highlights are pretty much the only enjoyment I get out of this team, so I'll take what I can get.

fysloc

Dec 23, 2011
I'm a lurker here, but this proposal was just beyond ******** that I had to respond.

If you are so dissatisfied with the oilers, just stop watching/going to games. Nobody is forcing you to watch/attend.

I stopped watching games and I am so glad I did, I became a way more productive person as a result of getting those 3 hours back every game night.

Dec 3, 2005
Vancouver BC
GDT's are my version of hard liquor. It helps me cope with this abuse. That and I can try to make you guys laugh from time to time with my attempts at bad photoshop humour. What should happen is for people to stop buying their merchandise and to stop filling those seats at Rexall.

syz

[1, 5, 6, 14]
Jul 13, 2007
I'm a lurker here, but this proposal was just beyond ******** that I had to respond.

If you are so dissatisfied with the oilers, just stop watching/going to games. Nobody is forcing you to watch/attend.

I stopped watching games and I am so glad I did, I became a way more productive person as a result of getting those 3 hours back every game night.

Pretty much. My regards to Oilers management and players for allowing my GPA to go up every year. Turns out you can get quite a bit done over an extra ~9 hours a week.

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
I made exactly one GDT this year and even then I didn't really want to do it.

The Oilers rewarded my efforts with their worst loss of the season.

Stat Guy

Aug 30, 2014
We don't enjoy the games, but at least we can come onto the GDT and enjoy not enjoying them!

I'm pretty sure that is one protest that will go unnoticed except by the people who need them the most...the tier 2's.

Bangers

May 31, 2006
GDT's are my version of hard liquor. It helps me cope with this abuse. That and I can try to make you guys laugh from time to time with my attempts at bad photoshop humour. What should happen is for people to stop buying their merchandise and to stop filling those seats at Rexall.

"Can you show me on the doll where MacT touched you?" :sarcasm:

McDrai

Mar 29, 2009
The game day threads are the main reason I come on here during the season. Just because the team is terrible doesn't mean we should be deprived of our awesome game day threads haha

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad