Let The Rebuild Begin

SCD

Apr 8, 2018
It was nice to see the Wings stick with the BPA strategy and wind up with two excellent picks. I certainly would not suggest these were difficult picks, but thank god they made them.

Interesting to note that both players are considered 200 foot, hard working two-way players.

Veleno mentioned Detroit was the only team that took him to dinner during the combines...interesting.

The only thing that could have made it a better night would have been Detroit trading up ( without too much cost) to get Miller.

And don't expect either player to be on this years roster.

Reactions: TheMule93

Run the Jewels

Make Detroit Great Again
Jun 22, 2006
In the Garage
Yeah, my only real nitpick would be that it was possible to move up, picks were there to be traded. Moving up and getting one of Bouchard, Dobson, Merkley or Miller would have been huge.

SCD

Apr 8, 2018
Any quick predictions for the second day?

33 Wilde
36 Samuelsson

AA flipped for a mid to late 40's pick

Outl4w

Dec 16, 2011
FL
So do we trade Nyquist? Get Vegas on phone I will trade them their 2nd back for the their 1st and 3rd.

Barry Amsterdam

Nättias Dänielstrom
Apr 2, 2013
I’d love to see zadina on the team but kinda want them to bed bad another year for one more high draft pick and let zadina destroy the Q for another year

saska sault

Jun 5, 2010
Sault Ste. Marie
Best player available is always the route to take. Yes we need defense.. yes we need a goalie of the future, but you always take the best player. We need talent, we need youth. You take the best combination of that, and figure out the rest later when you see things coming together. Stockpile it while we can.

HIFE

May 10, 2011
Detroit, MI
I’d love to see zadina on the team but kinda want them to bed bad another year for one more high draft pick and let zadina destroy the Q for another year

Zadina ain't gonna change how horribly inept the Wings are. The worst in 30 years. I'm cringing at the thought of having to watch Daley and Ericsson, Jensen, DDK, Abdelkader, Kronwall, Nielsen, etc. again, all a year older. That's the reason we need Zadina up: to add something worth watching to a team on life support. Sorry but Hicketts doesn't do it for me.

A few have said the Wings began rebuilding when they missed the playoffs but I think they just sucked. Dumping Tatar and with this draft... there is a rebuildy feeling finally. Don't forget that we fans are calling this stage a rebuild but Holland has only used the word with derision. I really hope he stays the course instead of going hog wild like usual on July 1.

shanman

Jun 23, 2018
Zadina ain't gonna change how horribly inept the Wings are. The worst in 30 years. I'm cringing at the thought of having to watch Daley and Ericsson, Jensen, DDK, Abdelkader, Kronwall, Nielsen, etc. again, all a year older. That's the reason we need Zadina up: to add something worth watching to a team on life support. Sorry but Hicketts doesn't do it for me.

A few have said the Wings began rebuilding when they missed the playoffs but I think they just sucked. Dumping Tatar and with this draft... there is a rebuildy feeling finally. Don't forget that we fans are calling this stage a rebuild but Holland has only used the word with derision. I really hope he stays the course instead of going hog wild like usual on July 1.
thats part of the reason why i am so against green being brought back. I just don't see how we can go into the season with the same D, with them all being a year older as you said. Think hicketts does deserve his shot. He performed well in preseason, and we (unfortunately) won a bit with him in the lineup at the end it seemed haha.

JoesuffP

Feb 3, 2016
Team would look a lot different with Green and Faulk though. Shouldn’t finish in the bottom half of scoring and PP at least. All I want to see is more goals each year

WingsMJN2965

Oct 13, 2017
Team would look a lot different with Green and Faulk though. Shouldn’t finish in the bottom half of scoring and PP at least. All I want to see is more goals each year

Lol. This team is still finishing in the bottom half of scoring for a few years.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad