Let’s talk …. Tyson Foerster

Brent Burns Beard

Powered by Vasiliev Podsloven
Feb 27, 2002
Lots of good info in the last thread I started so thought I would try another interesting Flyers young forward.

Tyson Foerster

- is he on track?
- chance to play next season in NhL?
- what has Torts or other Flyer executives said about him?
- upside type of player?

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
He's on schedule, just turned 21, has improved over the season in LHV.
Still has work to do, especially his skating. Has a NHL shot and a NHL body, it's the rest of his game that needs fine tuning.

Whether he comes up may depend on how LHV finishes the season, if they make the AHL playoffs, they may want to keep some prospects down there (and add Andrae and maybe Gauthier, if BC exists early). Don't know if a big role in the AHL playoffs may be better than a smaller role playing out the string in Philly.

Foerster will get a long look in training camp, and has a good chance of making the team next season.

DrinkFightFlyers

THE TORTURE NEVER STOPS
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2009
NJ
The Athletic had a nice writeup on him and the rest of our prospects the other day. Seems like he's turning the corner but still not there yet. I'd guess next year will really be the make-it or break-it kind of year.

Reactions: Brent Burns Beard

Ghosts Beer

I saw Goody Fletcher with the Devil!
Feb 10, 2014
Seems to be rolling now in the AHL coming off of a mostly lost season a year ago due to a shoulder injury.

On track to make the Flyers next season. Won't be surprised if he gets a look at the end of this season.

He has the potential to be a 30-goal-scorer in the NHL. Great shot, good size and strength, competes hard, good hands and vision, too. Skating may not be pretty but shouldn't hold him back, either.

Brent Burns Beard

Feb 27, 2002
Love it, thanks guys!

Nhl comparable? I heard Brock Boeser but ready to hear other suggestions.

wasup

Mar 21, 2018
He is what I think is our top prospect in LV . I love his shot but at the NHL level your time and space to get it off is way more limited . He has pretty good playmaking ability decent IQ and only real hold back is his skating . In the preseason games it was fairly noticeable as something he needs work on .

All in all I def see him on the team but have no idea his upside cause of the skating issue . He does not have to be a burner but has to be fast enough to catch guys on the back check etc...

FlyguyOX

Jun 29, 2018
See him as a JVR. Riding coattails (3rd best on a line) with opportunistic scoring in the middle six, likely 3rd line tops.

Ghosts Beer

I saw Goody Fletcher with the Devil!
Feb 10, 2014
Love it, thanks guys!

Nhl comparable? I heard Brock Boeser but ready to hear other suggestions.
Foerster has more jam to his overall game than Boeser, who is more finesse.

Foerster's closer comparison is probably another North Dakota alumnus: TJ Oshie.

Thick, hard-working, bit of an edge. Granted, Foerster is more of a volume shooter and sniper than Oshie, and Foerster isn't going to be Oshie in shootouts, but it's still who he probably most resembles on the ice.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Foerster is a big, physical player who could thrive in a 4th line role if he buys into it and thus buy time to adjust to the NHL and work on his skating - and it would be good training for a bigger role down the road. While he needs to improve his skating, he's never going to be a burner, so learning to win battles along the board, get the puck to a more skilled line mate and go to the net will serve him well on a better line. Simmonds seemed to have made a nice career out of this role until he broke down. Same with Lindblom.

It's not that I want Foerster to be an enforcer, but he's going to fill out to 210 lbs or so, and a guy that big should be able to win board battles on a regular basis if he learns how to use his strength and leverage. The fast skilled guys carry the puck into the O-zone, but the tough hard nosed guys win the battles that keep the puck in the O-zone.

Brent Burns Beard

Feb 27, 2002
Any good updates on his summer progress and expectations for the new season?

I don’t see too many projections with him as a starter but what do the fine folks of HF PHI think?

captainpaxil

Dec 2, 2008
Very stiff competition at rw the best depth in the organization. Foerster has underrated playmaking ability and a good motor but his ability to go down without clearing waivers tells me he isn't going to take Allison's spot and tippet tk and Atkinson are ahead of him

tnfrs

Jul 19, 2023
Any good updates on his summer progress and expectations for the new season?

I don’t see too many projections with him as a starter but what do the fine folks of HF PHI think?
Hes been in Vorhees all summer training, Desnoyers and some of the young guys have been there too plus york and farabee and I imagine some other guys so he's putting in work with the new development guys at least. If anyone is ready to make the team out of camp its probably Foerster but we'll have to wait and see

I think he'll make the team and probably start on the 3rd line. he showed last year he can play with the rest of our top 9 so as long as he's ready and has his legs I dont see him as a 4th line guy

blackjackmulligan

Jun 17, 2022
Very stiff competition at rw the best depth in the organization. Foerster has underrated playmaking ability and a good motor but his ability to go down without clearing waivers tells me he isn't going to take Allison's spot and tippet tk and Atkinson are ahead of him
I do not think the coach cares much for Allison. Though the way they operate I can forest in the AHL

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Foerster in his 8 game cameo played 16 minutes a night, he's a lock for the top 9. Had LHV not been fighting for a PO slot, he'd have stayed in Philly.
He's better than advertised, thinking he reminds me a bit of Hartnell, not the fastest, but makes good things happen.

Allison is faster, but Foerster is more skilled, much better playmaker and has a better shot.

• Haha
Reactions: Curufinwe

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
Foerster in his 8 game cameo played 16 minutes a night, he's a lock for the top 9.
One year ago....

“York is a lock, if Ellis is out, he'll get top 4 minutes. Either way he's likely to be PP1 QB.”

“If Ellis is out, I can see York/Attard alternating on Provorov's right side.”

“York can carry Risto b/c he was one of the best at D-zone exits last year (better than Sanheim, though SSS).”

And then when York doesn't make the team...

York wasn't blocked, he sucked

simpsons-lock.jpg

Last edited:

Evergreen

Jeez you guys on this sub are so combative. Anyway I think Foerster has a real solid shot at making the team this year and it’s going to be a big opportunity for him. It’s exciting to know we are committed to the rebuild and can enjoy watching the progression of our young guys.

tnfrs

Jul 19, 2023
Jeez you guys on this sub are so combative. Anyway I think Foerster has a real solid shot at making the team this year and it’s going to be a big opportunity for him. It’s exciting to know we are committed to the rebuild and can enjoy watching the progression of our young guys.
Ya thats the best part of a rebuild is watching the kids develop, Tyson's got a rocket of a shot I wanna see him earn some power play time and setup in Ovi's spot, hes not going to ever put up ovechkin numbers but having that kind of option would really open our shitty power play

TB87

Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn
May 30, 2018
Forester’s most impactful skill at the NHL level has been and will be his playmaking ability. Sooooooo much ink has been spilled about how great his shot is (it’s genuinely great) but what will separate him from other players in the NHL is his playmaking. He’s a genuinely awesome playmaker. Didn’t see that a whole lot in his draft year but it’s now his most dynamite skill. It creates so much space for his teammates that it puts the opposition in their heels.

wasup

Mar 21, 2018
When I watched LV games last year he was the player I did not have to look for out there . Lycksel and Desi were putting up similar numbers but I had to look around to find them .

Flyers are going to have to move some of our right wingers to the left side cause right wing is full .

tnfrs

Jul 19, 2023
When I watched LV games last year he was the player I did not have to look for out there . Lycksel and Desi were putting up similar numbers but I had to look around to find them .

Flyers are going to have to move some of our right wingers to the left side cause right wing is full .
Foerster spent time on the left side in Barrie especially on the power play so maybe the Flyers do something similar with him. I can see them putting Tippett on the left on the first line too and that would open a spot on the 2nd line but for the most part our top 6 is kind of 2a and 2b instead of line 1 and line 2 so hopefully they can all play together with some chemistry. I know its still early to speculate but Tippett Foerster TK and Gauthier sounds like a pretty fkn deadly group of wingers to have in a couple years

GapToothedWonder

Dec 20, 2013
Paris of the Praries
Commited to the rebuild = move the malcontents and don't make one splashy unexpected trade. Yup they're really locked in.

SolidSnakeUS

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2009
Baldwinsville, NY
The fact that this team decided to have more RWs and centers to put in front of him getting regular NHL time is f***ing garbage. Not saying he needs to be top line minutes immediately, but he should be playing opening night.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train

You're in for a surprise as Foerster doesn't make the team, the young guys remain trapped in the AHL, and you figure out this isn't a rebuild.

Reactions: Curufinwe

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad