GDT: Les Canadiens de Montreal vs Pittsburgh Penguins 7pm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Le Magnifique 66

Let's Go Pens
Jun 9, 2006
Montreal

Jarry should get the start vs Jake Allen for les Habitants!!

Battle for who gets the better draft pick!

Icarium

Feb 16, 2010
The Pens are actually 5-0 in second games of b2b, IIRC.

So they will probably cruise to victory only to fall on their face in the most embarrassing of fashions unless Jarry stands on his head.

Reactions: Rudy Russo

Rakell67

Sep 28, 2017
PA
I'm curious if Pens will bring up Poulin and sign Puljujarvi a few days prior to their 2/6 game (9 days off after today's game). WBS plays tonight, 1/31, 2/2 and 2/3. Perhaps after the 2/2 game? Gives them a few days if practice with the big club. I would imagine White and Puustinen would be sent back down.

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
I'm curious if Pens will bring up Poulin and sign Puljujarvi a few days prior to their 2/6 game (9 days off after today's game). WBS plays tonight, 1/31, 2/2 and 2/3. Perhaps after the 2/2 game? Gives them a few days if practice with the big club. I would imagine White and Puustinen would be sent back down.

Yeah it'll be cool to see them get like 6 minutes of icetime next to Big Jeff and/or ride the pine while The Mayor talks about how just practicing with the team is a great experience for them.

BusinessGoose

May 19, 2022
St. Louis
This is from a poster on another site…good summary

“Penguins 45 games played, 21-17-7, 49 points, 37 games remaining

Penguins now 7 points behind Toronto for WC1 spot, with 1 game in hand.
Penguins now 6 points behind Detroit for WC2 spot, with 3 games in hand.

While last year Florida capture WC2 spot with 92 points, prior 82 game seasons typically needed 96-100 points to capture WC2 spot.
If the Penguins need 96 points, they have 37 games to gain 47 points. That's probably about 22 wins, plus 3 OT/SO losses to get those 47 points.
That's roughly a 22-12-3 record the rest of the way (including Montreal game).
That's a .594 winning percentage. Their winning percentage right now is .544

Counting tomorrow's game, they'll have 15 games before the trade deadline. They need to win roughly 9 of their next 15 games to stay on track towards 96 points.

Of their next 15 games, 7 of those games are against current playoff teams.
They have only 2 games in that 15 against teams above them in the WC race (Philly and Islanders).”

also, equally sad: MTL is 4-4-2 over their last 10 games and we are 3-4-3 lol…they should be desperate for 2 points tonight

This team is 21-17-7 with Sid playing at the level he's been playing at all season. They were 23-15-7 last season.

This is just who they are. They'll be fighting tooth and nail for a WC spot from here on out, and if they eek into the playoffs, they're out in a week. Reality. /shrug

Sell Jake for a haul, look to starting the dismantling process. And god damn man, fire Sullivan and the rest of the coaches. Start fresh for the next chapter.

They will not eek into the playoffs…they are too far out and during desperate times for points have only managed a 3-4-3 record in January.. they may get within a few points of the playoffs due to shear incompetence of teams ahead of them but they will not jump 6 points…they haven’t yet and their schedule is brutal beginning in March…time to start selling players for assets
I didn't fact check these sources, but it seemed legit
Do they actually have to do this? If they win their next 4 they are in with their games in hand right?

Rakell67

Sep 28, 2017
PA
Flyers down 5-1 to Boston, could lose 5th straight in regulation, currently holding 3rd spot in Metro. Pens win tonight would put them 5 points back with 4 games in hand and one game left in the series (Home game).

Reactions: Rudy Russo

Zbynek

Jarry friggin sucks dude
Jun 6, 2011
Madrid, Spain
Flyers and Rags are starting to collapse. Capitals suck. Islanders suck.

The Pens have to suck so hard to f*** this up.

KareemTrustfund

Domiking Simon
Jun 19, 2012
3F1053D5-E104-43A6-9B8C-52084E7E37A1.jpeg

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
Can't wait to see what embarrassing bullshit the team pulls tonight to cost them the game.

Maybe they'll even score more than 2 goals tonight. Probably not.

Invalid cuz QoC

Jan 30, 2017
At this point I’m actually convinced that if you polled this forum and made decisions based off the pollings, that the team would look better and perform better.

Can the coaches, setup a direct link to the players, save money, finish higher in the standing than if sully were running things.

Seems far fetched, but I no longer think it is.

Rudy Russo

Mar 16, 2018
ZZYZX, California
Send down Hawkins and White.

Reactions: Darren McCord
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $36,790.00
    Event closes
    • Updated: