Confirmed with Link: Leopold Traded to Columbus for 5th Round Pick

Multimoodia

Sicker Than Usual
Nov 6, 2010
The Range
I don't mind Ott, he is good enough for 4th line. Bergy cannot produce anything and he makes his linemates even worse.

Rank, I love you.
You brought to me the term "crotch academy" which I have used at least a half dozen times in conversation. Once or twice not even forced.

But I have no idea what game you're seeing.

Meatball

2018-19 Stanley Cup Champions! :3
Jul 1, 2014
St. Louis
I was all about getting Ott here because I thought he'd bring that physical edge we badly needed. However his play is just :banghead:.

Army could have kept Cracks for cheaper.

Multimoodia

Sicker Than Usual
Nov 6, 2010
The Range
Honestly, when Ott has been restricted to the 4th and spot duty on other lines I haven't had any real issues with his play...other than stupid penalties, but that's sort of the nature of the beast. At some point he should draw a few to offset that.

When Hitch suddenly decides its time to put Ott on the powerplay or something...then I get a bit irritable.

Ranksu

Crotch Academy ftw
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2014
Lapland
Looks like i'm alone with my thoughts, maybe i have watched all games like blind bat. I bet Bergy will be in future big pain in the ass. 3x3.7mill. Dear God.

BlueDream said:
Code:
Schwartz-Lehtera-Tarasenko
Steen-Stastny-Oshie
[B]Sobotka[/B]-Backes-Lindström
Ott-Lapierre-Reaves

Btw how much we have now free cap space ~1.8mill or ~2.4mill after we dumped Leopold?

Multimoodia

Sicker Than Usual
Nov 6, 2010
The Range
(referring to the lineup quoted by Ranksu)

Problem there is that Sobotka really wants to be a center. That was one of the reasons Boston traded him to begin with.
Not sure how he would have taken the relegation to winger.

Blues have 1.8 according to capgeek.

Alklha

Sep 7, 2011
Trading Leopold created a further ~$1.1m in space, so we have around $2.35m in space right now, which includes bringing Butler onto the roster.

Colt 55

RIP Oscar and Jose
Jan 28, 2012
Coronado
I always thought, listening to how Army reacted to the J-Bo trade, that Leopold would never have been a Blue had Army known he could get Bouwmeester.

Hope he does well in Columbus.

Pretty much what I thought as well. We would be screwed if we had not got Bouwmeester

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
Armstrong probably thought we had no chance at landing Bouwmeester when we were offering such stud prospects in Reto Berra and Mark Cundari. Then to his surprise Feaster was actually interested in them.

RR10*

I think we have 2 holes in our top 9:

Schwartz - Lehtera - Tarasenko
Steen - Stastny - ?
? - Backes - Oshie

Meatball

2018-19 Stanley Cup Champions! :3
Jul 1, 2014
St. Louis
Berglund-Backes-Oshie will be a fine shutdown line capable of putting in a few points. Oshie is the type of distributor that a triggerman like Berglund needs.

The Lindstrom spot is the most easily identifiable upgrade.

2 Minute Minor

Hi Keeba!
Jun 3, 2008
Temple, Texas
Honestly, when Ott has been restricted to the 4th and spot duty on other lines I haven't had any real issues with his play...other than stupid penalties, but that's sort of the nature of the beast. At some point he should draw a few to offset that.

When Hitch suddenly decides its time to put Ott on the powerplay or something...then I get a bit irritable.
He got marching penalties with Neal last game when the Blues were about to go on PK. That's a pretty smart play and a nice trade off.

LGB51

2019 STANLEY CUP CHAMPION ST. LOUIS BLUES!
Oct 9, 2013
Arcola, IL
Ward or Boedker would be my preferred options if we're chasing UFA RWs.

Foligno will cost too much. He Johansen and Hartnell are really the only consistent offense CBJ has, doubt they'd move that.

Eberle could be tricky to get from Edmonton, doubt they're just open to trading him.

Stafford might be an option, I could see Buffalo willing to move him for some pieces.

Stewart's an impending UFA RW...:sarcasm:

I'm done with acquiring forwards from Buffalo thank you :rant:

LGB51

2019 STANLEY CUP CHAMPION ST. LOUIS BLUES!
Oct 9, 2013
Arcola, IL
Erat is the guy I'd want most from that list. Jagr would get the most publicity, but I am just not really sure there.

This is the kind of list that I think is realistic. I have no idea what to think about Stafford. The Blues don't have a great track record with Buffalo trades recently, so....I'm gunshy.

Why would you want another playmaker next to Stastny? Which is what Erat is, a aging, often injured playmaker at that. Not really the natural goal scorer type we'd want if Lindstrom doesn't work out.

BlueOil

"well-informed"
Apr 28, 2010
Mikkel is an RFA.

NHL Numbers says he's a UFA at the end of this season.

He's only 25, but this is his 7th season in the NHL this year, so I think he should be a UFA. Capgeek says he's an RFA though, so who knows.

Last edited:

Quaz

Mar 15, 2006
St Louis
It's official. Columbus owes us! They have helped the Kings win two cups with deadline deals to push them over the top. It's our turn.

Alklha

Sep 7, 2011
NHL Numbers says he's a UFA at the end of this season.

He's only 25, but this is his 7th season in the NHL this year, so I think he should be a UFA. Capgeek says he's an RFA though, so who knows.

He is a RFA. He only has 5 or 6 accrued seasons, not 7.

LUF

Mar 24, 2007
Gentlemen, I would like to present the case for Curtis Glencross as he is the perfect match for the Stastny line. He knows how to shoot and could score 30s in his best years. He knows how to hit. He isn't a slouch in the defensive zone. He is loved in Calgary.

The only problem with Glencross is that the Flames are not losing enough. (and some injuries... but he's a deadline pickup... that reduces the time period in which he could be injured before the playoffs).

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad