Confirmed with Link: Leopold Traded to Columbus for 5th Round Pick

Nayrb

Oct 10, 2011
Memphis
That was wrong, the poster misread the stats, Lehterä only played 82 games last year and that was between the start of September and end of May.

So this year Lehterä will be expected to play 82 NHL games, which are more demanding, in 11 weeks less than he played his 82 games last season. Then still be ready for the playoffs.

Got it. I was wondering how that was possible.

Alklha

Sep 7, 2011
At least there is a real all-star break this season. Tarasenko will be there, but I kind of hope no one else goes (so they can rest).

That's true. I still really hate the all-star break, I wouldn't care if they got rid of it. Just make sure that every team gets 5 consecutive days off at some point in January, but staggered so that there is hockey every night.

If there is an insistence on an All-Star game, vote at the end of the season and have the game the night before the start of the next season. Given the anticipation for the start of the season, there would actually be an appetite to see it in that scenario and it could be used to give retiring greats a farewell game.

I'll probably be the only one to think this though :laugh:

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
On Elite Prospects they seperate out each individual International event, but also include a total International line, which is probably where that confusion came from. Lehtera played in 82 games. At first glace it looks like 106 games because they count his 24 International games twice.

2 Minute Minor

Hi Keeba!
Jun 3, 2008
Temple, Texas
The one other guy I'd love to see make the all-star team this year is Elliott. He gets next to no recognition league-wide. Last time I checked he was 3rd in save percentage on the season. I'd love for him to have something tangible to show how well he's performed. Even getting the starting job in St Louis, he's not paid like a #1 goalie. I can't think of a goalie that has had to scrap and fight more for what he's earned.

I think Allen has a bright future with the team, but if the Blues win the Cup this season I want Elliott to be the guy that is on the ice for the last game.

Lakewood

Nov 17, 2013
The one other guy I'd love to see make the all-star team this year is Elliott. He gets next to no recognition league-wide. Last time I checked he was 3rd in save percentage on the season. I'd love for him to have something tangible to show how well he's performed. Even getting the starting job in St Louis, he's not paid like a #1 goalie. I can't think of a goalie that has had to scrap and fight more for what he's earned.

I think Allen has a bright future with the team, but if the Blues win the Cup this season I want Elliott to be the guy that is on the ice for the last game.

Me too admiral. I like elliott being the underdog though, and it takes a rare person to accept that role and not fight for reputation, but gently brush it aside like the snow in the crease to start the game.

Fans are born every year and die or live wi their teams. Hockey players live a career. Some don't know their limits. Some flame out. My money is on elliott being square with the universe as it has to do with his career and his eventual goal. Guy is solid in every way, and when there's a muff, he knows frank and co. Have his back. That includes Allen who has his back also. These guys are great.

Alklha

Sep 7, 2011

Love Elliott to get some recognition as well, but we all know he'd just be labelled a system goalie. He is 6th in sv% just now, Allen being 5th.

Apr 30, 2012
St. Louis, MO
Having Allen on the team is actually a great thing for Elliott. He really steps up his game when he's battling for his job. It's a very valuable, yet underrated trait of his game.

Oberyn

Prince of Dorne
Mar 27, 2011
Elliott leading us to a cup would be such a great story. It really is sad that he's always linked to a short stint in Colorado where they were coached by Joe Sacco. The guy gets no credit around HF, I think Khudobin was ranked higher than him on the goalie rankings in the polls section, like come on.

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
Elliott leading us to a cup would be such a great story. It really is sad that he's always linked to a short stint in Colorado where they were coached by Joe Sacco. The guy gets no credit around HF, I think Khudobin was ranked higher than him on the goalie rankings in the polls section, like come on.
Now that you bring up Sacco, the hilarious thing is that Avs fans ALWAYS make excuses for why their players didn't perform up to expectations during those years, and say it's because of Sacco.

For some reason, Elliott has never gotten that benefit. People just say he sucks.

So funny to think about because the double standard makes no sense. So it's okay for the team to completely suck in front of him because of the coach, but it's not okay that Elliott didn't stand on his hand. Got it. Hockey 101.

Oberyn

Prince of Dorne
Mar 27, 2011
Now that you bring up Sacco, the hilarious thing is that Avs fans ALWAYS make excuses for why their players didn't perform up to expectations during those years, and say it's because of Sacco.

For some reason, Elliott has never gotten that benefit. People just say he sucks.

So funny to think about because the double standard makes no sense. So it's okay for the team to completely suck in front of him because of the coach, but it's not okay that Elliott didn't stand on his hand. Got it. Hockey 101.

100% agree, Sacco is used as a selective scapegoat by Avs fans.

I can only imagine the comments by Sens and Avs fans if Elliott wins a cup. That would be a glorious moment.

KirkOut

EveryoneOut
Nov 23, 2012
USA
"EJ is so much better now than he was with the Blues, why can't you accept that?"

"Brian Elliott is just a backup-level goalie"

-Avs fans

The top statement is certainly true, but the same exact thing with EJ has happened to Elliott

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
Nope that doesn't make sense, Elliott sucks and will always suck.

What's his GAA? Probably in the 3's.

What about his SV%, that's the real indicator of a good goalie? It's probably not even in the 90's.

Meatball

2018-19 Stanley Cup Champions! :3
Jul 1, 2014
St. Louis
Avs fans have become increasingly more annoying over the years. Granted, I'll never hate them like Hawks fans, but it's funny how they seemingly convinced themselves overnight to hate us because of some forced rivalry that they made up.

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
You're all hitting the nail right on the head.

Elliott was still only 26 when he was on the Avs. And for some reason, he's one player that HF just refuses to admit he has improved.

I'm sure Avs fans are bitter that he's been so good with us, and he's been good from the start. In one of his first games as a Blue when he robbed Dan Boyle with that glove save, I saw potential in the guy, and he's lived up to it.

Elliott winning a cup would be one of the most enjoyable days for me in the history of HFBoards. The galore of tears would be so sweet.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
Could you imagine the main boards if he got a Conn Smythe? Being a misunderstood poster, I'd likely get a few infractions.

Meatball

2018-19 Stanley Cup Champions! :3
Jul 1, 2014
St. Louis
Hfboard's Jimmies on the day Ells gets the smythe:

l7980m6.jpg

Robb_K

Apr 26, 2007
NordHolandNethrlands
That's true. I still really hate the all-star break, I wouldn't care if they got rid of it. Just make sure that every team gets 5 consecutive days off at some point in January, but staggered so that there is hockey every night.

If there is an insistence on an All-Star game, vote at the end of the season and have the game the night before the start of the next season. Given the anticipation for the start of the season, there would actually be an appetite to see it in that scenario and it could be used to give retiring greats a farewell game.

I'll probably be the only one to think this though :laugh:

That's precisely when The NHL All Star Game was held before the 1967 Expansion(all through the '40s, 50s and most of the '60s) - just BEFORE the new season! They didn't want to interrupt the season.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad