Leopold seeking local investors for Preds

Greschner4

Jan 21, 2005
They DO "do better than 12k". Check the attendance averages.

I guess this is partly a function of the bloodthirsty pro-Jet ghouls who perform micro-reviews of night-by-night attendance figures, for whom anything short of a sell-out is an abject failure and "proof" of something or other. A standard which, as we all know, the old Jets would also have failed even more abjectly.

No, it's solely a function of those of us who have followed hockey for years. A team this young, exciting, and promising would sell out Winnipeg, Quebec, and (with 95% certainty) Hartford and there really isn't any question about that, other than from flat-out zealots.

The fundamental and unavoidable fact is that the Nashville fan base has watched this organization grow from mediocre to great and has responded by staying away more and more. That response would be unthinkable (and has no precedent) in the unwisely-deprived three -- again, obvious to all but zealots.

GSC2k2*

No, it's solely a function of those of us who have followed hockey for years. A team this young, exciting, and promising would sell out Winnipeg, Quebec, and (with 95% certainty) Hartford and there really isn't any question about that, other than from flat-out zealots.

The fundamental and unavoidable fact is that the Nashville fan base has watched this organization grow from mediocre to great and has responded by staying away more and more. That response would be unthinkable (and has no precedent) in the unwisely-deprived three -- again, obvious to all but zealots.
Sir, I feel extremely confident that I have followed hockey for far longer than you.

Attendance in Nashville is up. There goes the foundation of your argument. Now go forth and post nonsense no more.

GSC2k2*

As opposed to you, who fights every mildly questioning statement about hockey in the south more than Captain Ahab fought Moby Dick?

Nashville draws sub-12K for teams like Anaheim and if this Nashville team isn't going to draw, it's hard to see a Nashville team EVER drawing. There's no way to lipstick up that pig, and pointing out that Toronto comps a handful of tickets sure as * isn't going to do it.
Chum, I am simply sick and tired of pro-Jets lackeys who profess to be NHL fans and yet spend an inordinate amount of time slagging the fan base of a large chunk of that same NHL and then smarmily suggest that they are "not against" fans in those areas when they know damn well they are against those fans and wish them nothing but failure. Nothing but failure. Do you get that? For the life of me, I do not understand how a self-professed hockey fan can harbour such hate for other fans of their sport. Hating the other team is fine, but the other fans, who are jsut like you? It's disgraceful what these people are allowed to do on this board. The fact that the moderators have allowed a "last night's attendance board to go on for 28 pages when it is solely for that express purpose is a shame, IMO.

Why I am stepping up is because, whenever the southern fans stand up for themselves, they are summarily dismissed as no-account Americans who "don't understand". Well, I am Canadian born and bred, and have been a hockey fan my whole life, and I understand better than any of the snot-nosed teenys that pop up here and there and spout off various iterations of "Jets would sell out every night, the south does not deserve a team", or, for that matter, or even those supposed adults among the pro-Jets folks, most of whom could not read a balance sheet if their life depended on it (with the rare exceptions like Jamiebez, who is comparatively quite thoughtful). Pro-Hartforders are only marginally better, in that at least they have their elitism a little more under check and don't have quite the anti-US vibe about them (only anti-moonshine-states).

Jazz

Chum, I am simply sick and tired of pro-Jets lackeys who profess to be NHL fans and yet spend an inordinate amount of time slagging the fan base of a large chunk of that same NHL and then smarmily suggest that they are "not against" fans in those areas when they know damn well they are against those fans and wish them nothing but failure. Nothing but failure. Do you get that? For the life of me, I do not understand how a self-professed hockey fan can harbour such hate for other fans of their sport. Hating the other team is fine, but the other fans, who are just like you? It's disgraceful what these people are allowed to do on this board. The fact that the moderators have allowed a "last night's attendance board to go on for 28 pages when it is solely for that express purpose is a shame, IMO.

Why I am stepping up is because, whenever the southern fans stand up for themselves, they are summarily dismissed as no-account Americans who "don't understand". Well, I am Canadian born and bred, and have been a hockey fan my whole life, and I understand better than any of the snot-nosed teenys that pop up here and there and spout off various iterations of "Jets would sell out every night, the south does not deserve a team", or, for that matter, or even those supposed adults among the pro-Jets folks, most of whom could not read a balance sheet if their life depended on it (with the rare exceptions like Jamiebez, who is comparatively quite thoughtful). Pro-Hartforders are only marginally better, in that at least they have their elitism a little more under check and don't have quite the anti-US vibe about them (only anti-moonshine-states).
Well written. :clap:

I have also asked many times here why anybody (who claims to be a fan) would want their sport to fail in a new area. Every other sport preaches expansion (of markets and the sport itself), why should hockey be any different? Totally stupid.

AdmiralPred

Jun 9, 2005
And today, the word of the day is: "zealots".

Do fans who harbor resentment of fans in self-defined "non-traditional" markets "deserve" a team themselves?

Last edited:

AdmiralPred

Jun 9, 2005
Hey, where's the love for "smarmily"?? :dunno: :sarcasm:

In all honesty, I would hope that they would not relish watching others receiving the same treatment that they regularly receive.
In all honesty, you are correct. So rather than edit that remark as intended until you, sir, beat me to the post. I ask that it be stricken from the record. Aw hell, I can smarmily do it myself. Though that would not make much sense.

GSC2k2*

In all honesty, you are correct. So rather than edit that remark as intended until you, sir, beat me to the post. I ask that it be stricken from the record. Aw hell, I can smarmily do it myself. Though that would not make much sense.
There ya go. Well played.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad