Leopard Sochi 2014/2015 season talk

loppa*

No, they're even relocating their basketball team (Krasnye Krylya) from Samara to the new Togliatti arena.

How far away are these two cities? Are they like right next to one another as is the case with st paul/minneapolis?

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011
How far away are these two cities? Are they like right next to one another as is the case with st paul/minneapolis?

It's under 100km on the road. A ride Russians would do in a heart beat, so I think there will be fans from Samara coming over anyway.

Last edited:

quartus

May 11, 2011
It's under 100km on the road. A ride Russians would do in a heart beat, so I think there will be fans form Samara coming over anyway.

Haha, yeah. 100km should be like walking to your neighbour in Siberia... :D

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011
Haha, yeah. 100km should be like walking to your neighbour in Siberia... :D

Not everywhere, but you have to realise Russia is not only big but also very different from place to place.

But back there, yes. They take a 40km walk for fishing. We've had relatives from Baikal visiting and the comment was "how can you live here, guys, every couple of kilometres is the next village" and I said "you go to Europe and you'd go claustrophobic".

quartus

May 11, 2011
Not everywhere, but you have to realise Russia is not only big but also very different from place to place.

But back there, yes. They take a 40km walk for fishing. We've had relatives from Baikal visiting and the comment was "how can you live here, guys, every couple of kilometres is the next village" and I said "you go to Europe and you'd go claustrophobic".

Yeah, it's the same in northern Sweden.

But how is it in Sochi? As far as I can see on the map the city is kind of spread out along the coast. Won't people have a bit of a drive to Adler too? Will they do that?

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011
Yeah, it's the same in northern Sweden.

But how is it in Sochi? As far as I can see on the map the city is kind of spread out along the coast. Won't people have a bit of a drive to Adler too? Will they do that?

Adler and Sochi are very well connected as Adler basically always was the transportation hub. The railway station and the airport. Everything is in Adler. After the Olympics it's all even more improved.

Rekin

Feb 23, 2014
Warszawa
Adler and Sochi are very well connected as Adler basically always was the transportation hub. The railway station and the airport. Everything is in Adler. After the Olympics it's all even more improved.

One problem however will be that Adler is sort of the end of the line, as the Georgian border is just a few kilometres away (and then there's the sea and the mountains, so it's a tight pocket really). All in all they don't have a lot of potential other than the holiday-makers.

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
Hell yeah, Anisin is in!

Your move, Mr. Zherdev.

Anisin still has to slave for a dollar, Zherdev already has plenty of it. That's the difference and that's why Anisin won't quit unlike Zherdev who, it seems, already did.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad