Signing(s): Leonard Floyd signs with the Bills (1 year, $7 million)

TheAngryHank

Expert
May 28, 2008
Fill in for vohn until he returns ,he says he will be ready week 1 but that seems unlikely, I'm sure he will be on a pitch count for a while (hopefully all season) Vohn is important to that D. It fell off hard when he went down.No such thing as to many pass rushers.

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
No such thing as to many pass rushers.

Unfortunately Buffalo does think there’s a thing as too many WR. Their #2 WR is a day 3 pick coming off of a bad year and they’re #6 DE is a recent second round pick.

They refuse to give Allen the weapons he needs and then throw him into shootouts because…spoiler alert…it doesn’t matter how much defense you have when you play other elite QBs.

Reactions: TheAngryHank

Dubi Doo

Aug 27, 2008
Fill in for vohn until he returns ,he says he will be ready week 1 but that seems unlikely, I'm sure he will be on a pitch count for a while (hopefully all season) Vohn is important to that D. It fell off hard when he went down.No such thing as to many pass rushers.
Yeah. This is a good signing.

It remains to be seen how effective Floyd is as a pass rusher without Donald, but there's not doubt he has some pass rushing skills. What I really like about him is- he's really solid in other areas (run stopping, playing coverage, etc...)

If he can be an 8+ sack guy in Buffalo + everything else he brings to the table, then he'll be a damn good piece to have on the line.

And, as you said, it gives Buffalo some insurance until Von is ready. Who knows how effective Von will be when he comes back? I'm also concerned if he'll even reach the level of play he was at last year preinjury.

Buffalo fans wanted a solid DE, and given how many were left on the market, it would've been puzzling not to snag one of them on a cheap 1-year deal. I wanted Yannick due to age, but I think Floyd is the better option in the short-term unless his pass rushing completely evaporates in Buffalo.

Last edited:
Reactions: TheAngryHank

TheAngryHank

Expert
May 28, 2008
Unfortunately Buffalo does think there’s a thing as too many WR. Their #2 WR is a day 3 pick coming off of a bad year and they’re #6 DE is a recent second round pick.

They refuse to give Allen the weapons he needs and then throw him into shootouts because…spoiler alert…it doesn’t matter how much defense you have when you play other elite QBs.
Valid points but with the cap you can't have everything. Bills didn't allow a second half point until week 7 I believe and if they can have things tight on the D side of the ball they have a team that can win games.If they are a team that can slam the door in other teams faces they will get theirs on Offense. Kincaid might be what they are missing but time will tell ,Knox is over paid imo.

Reactions: buffalowing88

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad