Leon Draisaitl to donate 1.2 miliion dollars to Edmonton charities

Senor Catface

Jul 25, 2006
That’s a seriously large number. Very cool to see that sort of dedication to the community.

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
Character player but what does it have to do with the Leafs?

Jokes aside what a guy that’s awesome.

Canada Drai

Dwemer Remix
Oct 4, 2017
I will personally find and backhand the first person to bring up with the ‘but with how much money he makes it’s not that big a deal’ argument. This is a huge number for a great cause and Draisaitl’s awesome for doing it.

Why is he not donating over half of his money to charity?? It's not like he needs it?

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
Why is he not donating over half of his money to charity?? It's not like he needs it?

‘Well if you do the math it’s really like an average guy making a 60k salary donating $2500 a year so really it’s not that impressive jmo’

‘Do you donate $2500 a year to charity champ?’

‘Lol that’s not the point’

Every. Single. Time. An athlete or some other star does something altruistic like this some joyless a-hole stomps in with this tired rhetoric. Hopefully by getting at it early we’ve successfully blocked them out of the thread. :laugh:

Canada Drai

Dwemer Remix
Oct 4, 2017
‘Well if you do the math it’s really like an average guy making a 60k salary donating $2500 a year so really it’s not that impressive jmo’

Every. Single. Time. An athlete or some other star does something altruistic like this some joyless a-hole stomps in with this tired rhetoric. Hopefully by getting at it early we’ve successfully blocked them out of the thread. :laugh:

One can hope my friend. There's always that one seedster looking to make a name for himself though.

Reactions: ChaoticOrange

ConnorMcMullet

#12 Colby Cave
Jun 10, 2017

So true, but it's like a guy earning 60k and donating $8500, which is even more impressive.

Last edited:

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
I picked a good guy to be a huge fan of.

I liked the interview as well. A wish that more players were like this but hockey contains a lot better attitudes than some of the other pro sports.

Reactions: Bryanbryoil

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
Balls in your court McD

I'm getting a little confused. Chaotic Orange/Neutral Orange..

Is their also a Mandarin Orange/ Navel orange/ Blood Orange?

Is there a whole family here?

I will personally find and backhand the first person to bring up with the ‘but with how much money he makes it’s not that big a deal’ argument. This is a huge number for a great cause and Draisaitl’s awesome for doing it.

You're particularly feisty this evening and that's from my standard of curmudgeonry and scram kids, get off my lawn.

It will be interesting to see if German press picks up on this. I bet they will and it will be talked about during the Cologne game ramp up. Good man Leon!

NeutralOrange

I'm getting a little confused. Chaotic Orange/Neutral Orange..

Is their also a Mandarin Orange/ Navel orange/ Blood Orange?

Is there a whole family here?

You're particularly feisty this evening and that's from my standard of curmudgeonry and scram kids, get off my lawn.

It will be interesting to see if German press picks up on this. I bet they will and it will be talked about during the Cologne game ramp up. Good man Leon!

LawfulOrange is hiding in the bushes, Being lawful and all

Reactions: madmutter

Aerchon

Jul 20, 2011
Like the player. Like the cause. Like the amount.

Doing it over the course of his contract in smaller amounts seems more... genuine.

When guys dump big portions of thier salary it comes off as trying to buy affection imo.

He got the jump on Conner, since his deal hasn't kicked in yet. Curious if he follows suit next year.

CornKicker

Holland is wrong..except all of the good things
Feb 18, 2005
i was waiting for the "he stole 1.2M from the team last year so glad hes giving it back" comment.

Solid move by a player who before 3 years ago had zero ties to the area. glad he feels like its home.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad