Leon Draisaitl should be sent back to juniors

Status
Not open for further replies.

Broilers

May 31, 2007
Bakersfield
It is very obvious that Draisalt needs some seasoning in juniors. He has not created any offense and Kings showed that defensive game needs some retooling. He can be in the line up as long as RNH is back.

BoldNewLettuce

Esquire
Dec 21, 2008
Canada
meh, he seems like one of our smarter players to be honest. His line tends to be the best line night in and night out, too.

I wouldn't say I'm impressed but I didn't expect him to put the team on his back either.

oobga

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 1, 2003
No point at all to keeping him up to be a part of a losing season struggling the whole way through. Well, no point unless LoweT are feeling the heat and are desperate to have any tiny sign of improvement they can sell to fans/Katz.

Quokka

Oct 17, 2012
Regina, SK
I agree. The Oilers are a disaster and it would be doing him a great disservice to leave him up with this dysfunctional team when he's clearly not NHL ready yet at least not without significant sheltering which the Oilers are incapable of providing.

Canovin

1% is the new 11.5%
Oct 27, 2010
Here's the dilemma. Drai goes down, Yakupov has no chemistry with anyone.

supeg93*

Aug 16, 2014
Problem is even how he sits now he is better then any center not named RNH, by a lot.

Roof Daddy

Apr 1, 2008
Agree, but where does he end up? He already said he won't return to PA and would look to Europe instead. Would he change his mind if we could arrange a trade to get him on the Oil Kings? I'd prefer that option the most. If not, I guess the SEL? Worked OK for Kopitar.

CantHaveTkachev

Legends
Nov 30, 2004
St. OILbert, AB
he should have never made the team out of camp...but MacT and co. convinced themselves he was good enough BEFORE Rookie Camp started...his spot was gift wrapped before even steeping on the ice and needed to play OFF the team

I wonder if he goes back if he has like 2 points and is a -10 or something after 9 games...

Aerchon

Jul 20, 2011
Until Eakins is gone nothing matters.

I think Leon has played well enough to stick and unless we can get a decent replacement we are stuck with him.

I do agree that he should be sent down but it is the least of our problems right now.

Insta

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 23, 2005
Edmonton
Leon should get his 9 games and then likely be sent down, provided the Oilers don't have some massive and completely unforeseen turnaround with him being a central figure in it. MacT needs to find a vet of some kind to plug in that hole, and that's that.

Joey Moss

Aug 29, 2008
Agreed. Let him finish off the 9 games, send him back. Yakimov or a trade can replace him. Nurse should go back as well, I'd even send him back before the 9 games to get Marincin/Klefbom up here.

Joey Moss

Aug 29, 2008
Here's the dilemma. Drai goes down, Yakupov has no chemistry with anyone.
That's not a dilemma. Yakupov has nothing to do with keeping or sending Draisaitl back. Plus, I'm pretty sure Yakupov is capable of playing with other players.
Agree, but where does he end up? He already said he won't return to PA and would look to Europe instead. Would he change his mind if we could arrange a trade to get him on the Oil Kings? I'd prefer that option the most. If not, I guess the SEL? Worked OK for Kopitar.
He never said that. Someone else posted this on the Main Board and it was de-bunked.. I'd rather see Draisaitl playing in North America on the smaller ice anyways. Oil Kings would be the best case scenario.

Burnt Biscuits

May 2, 2010
Why are we discussing sending down Draisaitl, when we have no competent centers to replace him? Nurse on the other hand we have numerous competent and superior replacements for him and yet he remains with the team.

Also, more time in the OHL with the Soo will improve Nurse's overall game; Draisaitl has next to nothing to learn from playing for the Raiders, if he is leaving he needs to play in a European men's league.

ponokanocker

Nov 17, 2009
Too early to tell. The team has looked bad thus far. Give him his 9 games a re-evaluate. Maybe the Oilers show some life and he can look decent.

BoldNewLettuce

Esquire
Dec 21, 2008
Canada
Pretty sure he's made the team.

I agree he should be sent down because they are struggling but they have no one else....what if RNH gets injured....or Arco....they're gonna need both Drai and Yak2.

Barring a trade for a stopgap and some sort of agreement on where Draisaitl is going to play if he goes to Europe....it's probably already decided that he's staying as 3c.

HotToddy

Aug 2, 2002
Visit site
he should have never made the team out of camp...but MacT and co. convinced themselves he was good enough BEFORE Rookie Camp started...his spot was gift wrapped before even steeping on the ice and needed to play OFF the team

I wonder if he goes back if he has like 2 points and is a -10 or something after 9 games...

This

I cannot understand the desire to hand spots to juniors in this organization

They just continually roll with this policy oblivious to the damage

I dream of a day when we get a manager/coach who comes to the organization with the attitude that no single player will ever play a regular season game until they've over proved in the minors that they are suitable to the pro game

Joey Moss

Aug 29, 2008
Why are we discussing sending down Draisaitl, when we have no competent centers to replace him? Nurse on the other hand we have numerous competent and superior replacements for him and yet he remains with the team.

Also, more time in the OHL with the Soo will improve Nurse's overall game; Draisaitl has next to nothing to learn from playing for the Raiders, if he is leaving he needs to play in a European men's league.

But what benefit does that give him? Sure he'd be playing against men but it's a totally different game over there on the big ice. There's potential for developing bad habits. Draisaitl going back to PA or wherever in the dub allows him to work on some things while dominating the league.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad